Grace's Whole30 Jan2017

WZRDREAMS

Day 32, Feb 2, 2017 Thursday – Reintroduction Day 2

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of prosciutto fried in the pan the eggs were cooked in. Smoothie: Almond milk, Coconut Milk, frozen carrots, banana & mango, almond butter. Iced cold brew.

Lunch: Crispy oven baked chicken (one thigh, one leg) & roasted spaghetti squash.

Snack: herbal tea. Toasted squash seeds.

Dinner: butternut squash soup (w/ onion, garlic, ginger, shrimp) & remainig glass of Malbec

Day 33, Feb 3, 2017 Friday – Reintroduction Day 3

Breakfast: Smoothie: Almond milk, Coconut Milk, banana & mango, almond butter. 2 hard-boiled eggs & Iced coffee.

Lunch: Crispy oven baked chicken (one thigh, one leg) & roasted spaghetti squash.

Snack: herbal tea. Toasted squash seeds.

Dinner: Leftover butternut squash soup (w/ onion, garlic, ginger, and shrimp) & 3 glasses wine (!!)

Yeah, I’m not really following the reintroduction instructions. I’m just adding one things as they appear and assessing how I feel. No going overboard.

Day 34, Feb 4, 2017 Saturday – Reintroduction Day 4

Breakfast: Smoothie: Almond milk, Coconut Milk, banana & mango, almond butter.

Lunch: Sashimi (no rice) w/ salad and a ginger carrot dressing that probably had miso in it.

I went to a Quilt Guild meeting and only had water, no snack.

Dinner: I cooked two of my vegetarian blue apron meals: potato samosas with stewed lentils (non-compliant ingredients: lentils, samosa wrappers, yogurt sauce); sun-choke casserole (non-compliant ingredients: small amount of cheese, butter and egg noodles); and my husband pan cooked steak and garlic. One glass Wine.

Day 35, Feb 5, 2017 Sunday – Reintroduction Day 5

Brunch: Tea at church, and two small cookies made with minimal sugar (I decided that even though they were tasty, they weren’t really worth it) Smoothie: Coconut Milk, banana, carrot, mango, peanut butter.

Lunch: Left over potato samosa and lentils (samosa wrappers, yogurt sauce).

Snack: Chex Mix. I decided it isn’t worth it… I just love the saltiness. Will not be getting again and feel pretty good about my decision to seriously limit my gluten grains in the future.

Dinner: I cooked the last of my vegetarian blue apron meals: Kale & cauliflower salad with soft boiled egg, almonds and lemon caper sauce. It was quite good and could be done without the Non-compliant ingredients: 1tsp butter, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.  Seltzer w/ two slices of frozen peach.

After a weekend of cautious non-compliance I feel fine physically, but mentally I feel like it could be a slippery slope into crazy town. I’m going to go compliant for a next few days, or at least limit the non-compliance to the blue apron meal ingredients, which overall I feel are minimal.

Day 36, Feb 6, 2017 Monday – Reintroduction Day 6

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs. Banana. Iced black cold brew coffee.

Lunch: Left over vegetarian blue apron meal: Left over potato samosa and lentils (samosa wrappers,).

Snack: RX bar (coconut), mixed nuts, herbal tea.

Dinner: Leftovers of last night’s blue apron meal: Kale & cauliflower salad with soft boiled egg, almonds and lemon caper sauce. Non-compliant ingredients: butter, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.  Seltzer.

Feeling VERY gassy. I think it’s due to the lentils I had over the last two days. I also felt like my energy levels were off toward the end of the day. I think this is due to the difference in the types of carbs I’ve been indulging in.

Day 37, Feb 7, 2017 Tuesday – Reintroduction Day 7

Breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs. Banana. Iced black cold brew coffee.

Lunch: Hale & Hearty salad:  Mixed Greens, cucumber, onion, grilled chicken, hard-boiled egg, sweet potato squash, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, sliced almonds, walnuts, herb vinaigrette.

Snack: mixed nuts, herbal tea. One bite “cherry cordial chocolate” Not worth it.

Dinner: Blue Apron: Cumin crusted pork loin with fennel faro & citrus glaze. 4 crackers & a teaspoon of goat cheese with jam.

Archived