Anji's Whole 30 Journey - Loggin it Baby!

Anji Branch

Easy peasy today - textbook Whole30! However, taking it one day at a time and trying to be as organized and prepared as I can.  Tonight, I prepped tomorrow's lunch: Entree will consist of 5 oz thinly sliced Elk Tenderloin w/ 1 chopped avocado tossed with a squeeze of lime juice.  The Side:  1 chopped cucumber & 1 diced fresh pear, squeeze lime juice (not sure how it will taste, but decided to get a little crazy up in here - keeping it fun)!  Trying to harness and bottle up the excitement I'm feeling to carry me through the rough days.

Day 2 was a little more difficult in comparison to day 1. I had no problems eating whole30, but getting out of the habit of snacking is going to take some discipline on my part. 

M1: green smoothie & scrambled eggs

M2: elk tenderloin w/ chopped avocado. Cucumber & pear salad. 

M3: ground elk burger on Portobello mushroom (used in place of bun)  w/ whole30 garlic aioli, and roasted butternut squash. 

Day 3!  Bring it!

SNOW DAY 2.0!  I just love snow days and we are already on our second one for the week.  Which makes coming back to work after the holiday break that much more pleasurable!  Another whole day to relax, read, clean and menu plan!  I woke up today with a headache, stumbled to the coffee pot for a cup of joe.  Going to try my hand at making a frittata for breakfast.  I haven't wrapped my head around what's for lunch yet, perhaps a tuna stuffed avocado is in store.  Dinner will consist of something with chicken, that's about as far as I've gotten.  Feeling like a slacker at the moment, but I'll get it together once this cup of coffee kicks in!  

Crazy busy weekend at my son's wrestling tourney (he placed 2nd in his weight class).  Managed to stay on track and proud of myself for that personal victory.  

My biggest complaint is breakfast is boring!  I need to find something that makes me excited to eat breakfast.  Seems like it's always the same ol thing.  Eggs, eggs, eggs!  

On a side note, I rocked dinner tonight with Whole 30 Tandoori Chicken and Coconut Cauliflower Rice with a nice green salad on the side.  

B: Scrambled Eggs in Ghee and Spinach/Mango almond butter smoothie

L: Green Salad with tons of veggies, a few raw cashews, and chopped chicken breast w/ Whole30 basalmic dressing and a clementine

D: Tandoori Chicken, Cocounut Cauliflower Rice, Crisp Green Salad with Whole30 dressing

Crazy busy at work this week.  

Yesterday - not nearly enough hours in my day at work right now.  

B: 2 scrambled Eggs with avocado verde and a clementine

L: Leftover tandoori chicken and tossed salad w/ whole 30 dressing, from night before. One green smoothie

D:  Grilled Elk steak, steamed green beans, 1/2 baked yam and 1/2 baked sweet potato w/ ghee

Another busy busy  day.

Today marks the first day in a very long time that I haven't been run down.

B: 2 scrambled Eggs with avocado verde and a mango smoothie

L: Leftover baked yam and green beans from night before, 2 clementines, 2 dill pickles wrapped in sliced turkey, and a small handful of raw cashews

D:  Elk burger topped with Whole 30 Mayo, sundried tomatoes & jalepenos, steamed broccoli, and sliced tomatoes 

Although I have slacked on keeping up with the food log, my biggest struggle is drinking enough water.  

Archived