Hi My Name is Maylin! I live in Columbus, Ohio and a few friends and me started Whole30 for the first time on Monday(Jan2)!! The first day was hard, the second day was less hard! Today is day 3 and I'm excited because I'm closer to day 30!! Any tips are welcome! 

Being Latina this is a challenge, but I just saw that I can have plantain chips sooo I'm excited again! Good luck everyone and I will share my progress here soon!

IMG_6122.JPG

Welcome to the Whole 30!  I've done one Whole 30, and we're just starting another one.  Something that helped me keep going was taking a close up of my face every few days.  The little differences I could see between even a few days really helped me be more motivated to keep going. Between week 1 and week 2, it was incredible how much my face changed just from being so much less puffy!  My other tip is to really, really encourage you to not think of it as just 30 days--factor in the reintroduction time, too.  We screwed reintroduction up last time largely because I was just so focused on getting to Day 31, and the result is that while we felt and looked a lot better while doing the W30, we didn't learn which foods were affecting us the in the worst ways.  Good luck!  I really think this is a very worth while venture!

This is a great idea!!!!! I am also in my second round, and although I didn't do the face pictures every few days, I could see where it would be helpful ... I definitely remember telling my mom after just a few days that I felt like my skin was younger and radiant! Good idea to stay motivated when you have no scale to default to!!!

On 1/4/2017 at 8:36 AM, MaylinBE said:

Hi My Name is Maylin! I live in Columbus, Ohio and a few friends and me started Whole30 for the first time on Monday(Jan2)!! The first day was hard, the second day was less hard! Today is day 3 and I'm excited because I'm closer to day 30!! Any tips are welcome! 

Being Latina this is a challenge, but I just saw that I can have plantain chips sooo I'm excited again! Good luck everyone and I will share my progress here soon!

IMG_6122.JPG

@thehousewherecrazylives I'm not sure how to respond to this posts as I'm new but I wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with me! I'm also trying to not think of it as 30 days as I was to have a good transition to reintroduction and I want to learn. I don't want to do yo yo dieting I want to lose the weight and feel great everyday! I will keep in mind your tips! Good luck and I learn something I hope I do lol I will share too!!! 

@aprilb thank you so much for sharing your process too! I am feeling better in my body and it's only day 4! The first two days not so good.  I am hoping my skin clears too. I will take some weekly pictures!! Good Luck on your second round! Have a great week to both of you!!!! 

Archived