31 day bump?

So last night marked day 31 for me and I was going to introduce dairy today. However, I woke up super bloated. (Im talking, full on food-baby-looking bloat.) This hasn't happened the entire whole30 journey so I thought about anything new I added yesterday and all that I added was an organic Turkish fig and an organic energy square sample I received. Here are the ingredients: "Organic Raw Dates, Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds, Organic Raisins, Organic Raw Apricots(may contain rice flour), Organic Raw Cacao Powder, Organic Raw Sesame Seeds Unhulled, Organic Sunflower Meal, Organic Raw Shredded Coconut, Organic Raw Goji Powder, Natural Flavors(gluten free,msg free)."

Well, I didn't notice the apricots warning that they may contain rice flour, but could it be from the sunflower meal? I don't even know what that consists of, but I knew sunflower seeds were ok, so I didn't anticipate any harm.

Any thoughts? I'm pretty bummed since this was my first whole 30, and now I'm wondering if I should restart it again so I can properly gauge the effects of dairy, gluten, etc, in the reintroduction phase.

Thanks so much for any insight!

• Moderators

That's curious. Bloating based upon the new things you ate doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think you need to take another 30 days to try reintroducing dairy or other foods. I'd say drop the figs and energy squares for now and see if your bloat goes away. Eat Whole30-compliant for another 3 days and then begin a reintroduction process.

Archived