"May contain *insert non-compliant ingredient here*"

Cheshire Cheetah

• Administrators

It really depends. 

"Processed in a facility that also contains....." is fine, it's an allergy statement meant to cover liability issues.

"Contains less than 2% of....." is not alright as the item has whatever added to it.

"May contain....." is a trickier one and once you scrutinize the label, you'll have to decide for yourself whether to include the item or not based on what you read. 

Clear as mud? 

4 minutes ago, ladyshanny said:

It really depends. 

"Processed in a facility that also contains....." is fine, it's an allergy statement meant to cover liability issues.

"Contains less than 2% of....." is not alright as the item has whatever added to it.

"May contain....." is a trickier one and once you scrutinize the label, you'll have to decide for yourself whether to include the item or not based on what you read. 

Clear as mud? 

Thanks. It's chili powder and says "may contain dairy, wheat, and soy"

The ingredients are only "Chili and other natural spices, salt, silicon dioxide, garlic"

I'm not quite sure what to do with this information

I'm hoping it will be okay to use. I used it in meal 2 today and then realized after eating that I have no idea if the product is okay or not.

I'm on day 1 since I had to start over yesterday, and really don't want to start over again

Archived