Starting Over - Megan's Second Attempt at Whole30

MeganMorton56

Day 1: Made it through breakfast, eggs and some fruit. Will be adding veggies in there as a goal of mine. I need to figure out some quick breakfast items this time around (didn't do that last time) so I'll probably peruse the Recipe forum later today.

I did my goals sheet again yesterday and here are a few of them:

1. I will do prep work on Sundays to get ready for the whole week of healthy eating.

2. I will do my prayer and meditation each morning and evening. I will also write a list of ten things for which I'm grateful each morning.

3. I will walk on one of my 15 minute breaks at work each day and CrossFit 4 times/week.

4. I will not allow myself to get the angry hungries and take it out on someone around me.

5. I will post on my Whole30 Log each day and post on someone else's log as well to provide encouragement.

I'm looking forward to the coming month, actually! I felt so much better during the two weeks I was on plan. Hit a little bump in the road, but now I know life is life and it's gonna throw me some curves, but I don't have to derail my healthy eating and exercise because of it.

Best wishes to everyone on this Whole30 day!

• Moderators

Your plan sounds good.

Lots of meals can be quick if you have some things prepared. My breakfast took about 15 minutes to prepare and it involved washing radishes and radish greens before chopping and cooking them. Here's what I did. Melt 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a wok over medium heat. Add a handful of chopped onion from the refrigerator where I keep a container of one or two chopped onions. Wash radishes and greens and chop into bite-size pieces. Add to wok. Add a dusting of salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Add two generous splashes of balsamic vinegar flavored with raspberry. Add a serving of pulled pork from leftovers in the refrigerator. I had slow cooked a pork roast a few days ago. Stir and let everything cook together about 5 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and eat.

I eat supper food for breakfast all the time. I have almost 400 Whole30-compliant recipes at the site listed in my signature. Check them out.

Your plan sounds good.

Lots of meals can be quick if you have some things prepared. My breakfast took about 15 minutes to prepare and it involved washing radishes and radish greens before chopping and cooking them. Here's what I did. Melt 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a wok over medium heat. Add a handful of chopped onion from the refrigerator where I keep a container of one or two chopped onions. Wash radishes and greens and chop into bite-size pieces. Add to wok. Add a dusting of salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Add two generous splashes of balsamic vinegar flavored with raspberry. Add a serving of pulled pork from leftovers in the refrigerator. I had slow cooked a pork roast a few days ago. Stir and let everything cook together about 5 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and eat.

I eat supper food for breakfast all the time. I have almost 400 Whole30-compliant recipes at the site listed in my signature. Check them out.

FYI Tom. Your signature isn't showing up right now... ?

Day 2: Saturday, working with my husband on a remodel so I haven't had the chance to make a real meal for today (this is why my goal of prep work will be so important!). Going to be spending this evening and tomorrow cooking up a big batch of chicken and cutting veggies so I have something quick to grab. I did have a spinach salad and some fruit with nut butter for lunch, so I'm not absolutely starving. And there's a yummy smelling roast in the crock pot for dinner. So, all in all, day two is going ok so far. Hope all are doing well on this Whole30 weekend!

Day 4: Missed my posting yesterday, but it was a good weekend. We did yard work ALL DAY yesterday, so I felt active and it was nice being outside, even though I'm really tired and a little sore this morning. I made that "Best Chicken You've Ever Had" last night with some regular potatoes for my husband and sweet potatoes for me and it was really good!

I'm starting back to CrossFit today now that the doc has said my rheumatoid arthritis is in check - I'm SO happy about that:) Best of luck to all as we tackle Monday.

Just got back to work after CrossFit. Man, I am tired haha. But it was so nice to be back at the Box pain free! Until I wake up tomorrow sore. I'm so very grateful to my CF coach for suggesting I try the Whole30. I feel wonderful!

Now for my post work out meal - "Best Chicken You've Ever Had" over spinach with baked sweet potato, onions, peppers, almonds, and pistachios.

Hope everyone's having a good day today.

Day 5: So far so good this time around. I continue to feel better as each day goes by. I received my first "you look like you've lost weight" comment yesterday. I weighed myself at the beginning of the Whole30 but not since, so I have no idea how much I've lost, and I'm really trying not to care about the number. As long as I focus on how I feel, I'm in a good place. I used to weigh myself regularly and have the sense of failure when it went up and down 5lbs over the course of a few days. So it's wonderful - to be completely free from that!

Anyway, not sure what we're doing for dinner tonight yet but I have some radishes from the farmer's market I need to use up. So maybe a beef and veggie stir fry. We'll see:) And I'm looking forward to CrossFit this afternoon, even though I'm sore from yesterday.

Hope you all have a good day today!

Day 6: was invited out for lunch at work today - Mexican. Sadly, I declined. Someday I'll feel comfortable in those situations, but not yet. It was about this time during my first attempt that I started getting a little disgruntled? Disenchanted? I'm not sure how to describe the feeling, but it's like I'm want to stray. I guess it's cravings. I don't really know. Is this anyone else's experience? I'm hanging in there, just feeling a little ho hum.

Maybe CF this afternoon will shake things up. Thanks for listening. Best of luck to everyone today.

Archived