Pederson's Natural Farms Smoked Sausage?

mkukiela

I have purchased a Perderson's Natural Farms Smoked Sausage from my local grocery store.  While it has no sugar in the ingredients, it does not show up on their website as "Whole30 Approved".  The Smoked Sausage Kielbasa listed on their page does say it is Whole30 Approved, but I cannot find this Smoked Sausage (non-Kielbasa) product anywhere on their website.  Does anyone have any experience with this sausage? 

PNF Sausage.JPG

Just now, SugarcubeOD said:

Do the ingredients look okay to you?  What ingredient would you be concerned about?  It doesn't have to say 'whole30 approved' for a product to be compliant... it's all about the ingredients.

The ingredients look fine, but this farm seems to pride themselves with their Whole30 offerings...When I check the Whole30 section of their website:  http://pedersonsnaturalfarms.com/product-category/whole30/  This product is not there.  That is my primary concern.  Sorry, I am a day 3 newbie and I just don't want to blow it on a technicality.

• Moderators

If the ingredients on the package are okay, then the product is okay.  I don't know how each Whole30 Approved vendor decides where to put their sticker... or maybe this is a new or old product that didn't get stickered at the factory... at any rate, you're right, the ingredients are fine and therefore that makes it fine for your Whole30.

1 minute ago, SugarcubeOD said:

If the ingredients on the package are okay, then the product is okay.  I don't know how each Whole30 Approved vendor decides where to put their sticker... or maybe this is a new or old product that didn't get stickered at the factory... at any rate, you're right, the ingredients are fine and therefore that makes it fine for your Whole30.

Thank you:)

20 hours ago, mkukiela said:

I have purchased a Perderson's Natural Farms Smoked Sausage from my local grocery store.  While it has no sugar in the ingredients, it does not show up on their website as "Whole30 Approved".  The Smoked Sausage Kielbasa listed on their page does say it is Whole30 Approved, but I cannot find this Smoked Sausage (non-Kielbasa) product anywhere on their website.  Does anyone have any experience with this sausage? 

Hello, my name is Stacy Dudley and I work with Pederson's Natural Farms. I'm also on day 4 of my Whole30 and loving every minute of it. This product should be fine for your Whole30, I just haven't had a chance to update this label. I actually made the most delicious recipe today that would work really great with this product if you're interested! Here's a link! https://www.thesimplegrocer.com/blogs/recipes/southwest-sausage - Happy Whole 30 to you!! 

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Stacy Dudley said:

Hello, my name is Stacy Dudley and I work with Pederson's Natural Farms. I'm also on day 4 of my Whole30 and loving every minute of it. This product should be fine for your Whole30, I just haven't had a chance to update this label. I actually made the most delicious recipe today that would work really great with this product if you're interested! Here's a link! https://www.thesimplegrocer.com/blogs/recipes/southwest-sausage - Happy Whole 30 to you!! 

You would have to substitute the butter for ghee if making this recipe in order to keep it Whole30 compliant. :) 

7 minutes ago, Stacy Dudley said:

Hello Stacy! That recipe looks amazing but it's not Whole30 unless you substitute clarified butter/ghee for the butter.

5 hours ago, Stacy Dudley said:

Thank you...I appreciate your reply.  By the way...I made Pederson's Natural Farm Whole30 bacon this morning and it is quite likely the best bacon I have ever had!

• 1 year later...

Please be aware!! This is not whole30 approved!! It indeed does have cane sugar in it. If you look at their website it lists cane sugar in the ingredients that they typed out. When asked by several people why it says cane sugar in the discription and not on the package they replied that the cane sugar was listed as “other spices”. Not cool!!! They are changing the packaging to say cane sugar. I’m on day 13 of my whole 30 and not only did we just stock up on this at Whole Foods ($$$) but we just ate a whole pack!! We are very, very upset that sugar was not listed front and center. Especially for a company that prides themselves on their whole30 products!! 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jackie8503 said:

Please be aware!! This is not whole30 approved!! It indeed does have cane sugar in it. If you look at their website it lists cane sugar in the ingredients that they typed out. When asked by several people why it says cane sugar in the discription and not on the package they replied that the cane sugar was listed as “other spices”. Not cool!!! They are changing the packaging to say cane sugar. I’m on day 13 of my whole 30 and not only did we just stock up on this at Whole Foods ($$$) but we just ate a whole pack!! We are very, very upset that sugar was not listed front and center. Especially for a company that prides themselves on their whole30 products!! 

If this is the case, this should be reported to the FDA as sugar cannot be listed as 'other spices' from a legal standpoint. 

On 1/13/2018 at 7:57 PM, Jackie8503 said:

Are you 100% sure it is the exact same product? They have a few different sausage options and some do contain sugar and some don't! Maybe that's what happened here? If not that's really disappointing... 

Archived