New here. Jan. 4th, day 1

melinda3107

Just started Whole30 today. I'm no stranger to clean eating, but have definitely gotten away from it over the past few months. I'm accustomed to Paleo-type meals, but I'm also accustomed to grazing much of the day on less than healthy choices. I'm hoping getting back to whole foods will clear the acne that has been plaguing me for the last year (I'm 38 yo. Geez!) and maybe help me drop a handful of pounds.  

I anticipate my biggest struggle being breakfast. I normally eat breakfast, but it's usually whole milk, plain, Greek yogurt with chia and berries. And I eat it in the car on the way to work. I'm not a huge fan of eggs, so I'm trying to be creative by finding many recipes online. Today I made a "porridge" of eggs, mashed banana, shredded zucchini, unsweetened shredded coconut, flax meal, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and cinnamon. I put a blob of coconut oil in my coffee, too, which was pretty tasty! I feel confident that I can stick with the program, but I know that the temptations will be great!

Archived