Jan 5th Start Date

beckychr

I also started January 5th. I struggled a bit today it hit about 3 this evening. I was ready to just be done with the day but I made it through and felt better after I ate my 3rd meal. No headache so far so I feel like that's a plus for me so far. Here's to 28 more great days. 

I started on the 5th as well, and I'm excited to see others at the same stage. I don't know why but I printed the timeline and I'm clutching it for dear life. My day 2 was rough, not with a nasty headache which I expected because that sounds like me, but with horrible cravings ALREADY. That seems weird to me andniwimworried that I'm going to be obsessed withNOT eating cheese every moment of my month. 

Alright - January 5th-ers! How's everyone doing?

So far, so good for me. Slight headache and really tired. Other than that, I've been really full and am considering reducing my portion sizes, as this is a lot of food! I feel like I'm always focused on food - shopping for it, prepping it, eating it, avoiding it...

Day 11! I felt pretty exhausted for the first 8-9 days, and it's getting better.  @JessieD , I have also been focused on food all the time... but hopefully soon it will be more of a habit as planning comes more intuitively. 

Does anyone have thoughts on SWYPO foods? Is a SWYPO food just a food that might increase your temptation to break the whole30? Trying to figure out if some of the breakfast bowls oatmeal-like/chia pudding I am seeing classify as that. 

• Moderators

Chia pudding and faux-tmeal things are SWYPO. They also really do not meet the meal template. 

For 30 days, change how you think of breakfast. Many people find it helpful to refer to meal1, meal2, and meal3, rather than breakfast, lunch, and dinner, just to emphasize that anything you'd eat for one meal, you can eat for any other.  Soups, salmon cakes, meatballs, salads, egg bakes, leftovers -- any of those can be good first thing in the morning. 

On January 22, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Sadieky1974 said:

Why would chia oatmeal be swypo when cauli-rice isn't?

I think because cauliflower is a veggie and not overly altered, and just happens to feel like rice. Chia technically is acceptable as a fat and in a fat-appropriate small serving like nuts. When you eat it as a meal, it feels like a substitute for something both sweet and grainy, and usually when made, includes nuts, fruits, and other things recommended in small amounts. It also does not provide a good serving of vegetables or proteins. That was kind of ramble-ish... But does that make sense?

Thanks! @TashaSkye and @ShannonM816

Yeah I've been avoiding most of those recipes and opting for the more savory options. I was missing sweet bowls at the beginning and hoping for something that could classify as a more of a sweet bowl option, but I think you're right. Better to avoid them altogether.

How's everyone feeling on day 27? Has anyone started planning out the reintroduction process yet?  I'm a little nervous about this part. 

Archived