Happy Planet Fruit Smoothie

l.chev

I have a real texture/tastebud issue when it comes to fruit, I literally NEVER eat it because it makes me gag. I found Happy Planet fruit smoothies at my local health food store tonight, the ingredients are as follows: 

Apple juice, mango/banana/passion fruit puree, water, lime juice & vitamin c.

Flash pasteurized and cold filled, no sugar added.

I never drank smoothies before W30, this isn't going to be replacing any habits, but I am concerned with my lack of fruits and hopefully this is an okay alternative. Any info is super appreciated!! :)

• Administrators

Fruits are completely optional on Whole30 and many people (myself included) choose not to include them at all. There is nothing in fruit that isn't available in vegetables in higher and more bioavailable quantities. 

Although this fruit juice would be technically compliant, juices are only really permitted for sweetening salad dressings or something like basting roasted meats. Drinking calories is never recommended. 

Thank you so much for the knowledgeable and quick response! I thought I had read that I needed a minimum of 2 servings of fruits per day, so this is excellent news for me and my weird texture/fruit issue. Thanks again :)

Archived