Work Lunch was Supposed to be Compliant!

ambnille07

Hi! I'm on Day 4 of my 3rd Whole30. My boss treated a group of us to lunch this afternoon. Typically with these lunches we don't know where we're going until we're in the car, and he will ask for suggestions. I suggested a place with good salads to give myself an opportunity to order a compliant dish. We ended up at Biaggi's after the original, local place was closed.

I double-checked to make sure the oil on the table was only olive oil as it was their "house blend with herbs and spices." I ordered a salad with salmon cooked in olive oil and lemon on the side. The salad itself seemed fine, but halfway through my meal, I started having a slight headache that's usually a sign of something uncompliant (legumes or dairy). When I got back to the office, I had an ache in my back that I usually get from something uncompliant.

I'm wondering if my salmon or the table olive oil had some traces of something uncompliant. I know my breakfast was compliant as the only packaged ingredient was sundried tomatoes that had no other ingredients except tomatoes. Does this mean I need to start over :(, or will my results still be okay on day 30?

• Moderators

The only way to know would be to call the restaurant and see if they can confirm for you... Could you just be coming down with something? Since you're only on Day 4, I would suggest you get to Day 30 and then tack four more days on, just to get the full 30 days... you really owe yourself the full 30... There's an article linked in my signature below that gives you more direction and advice on whether or not to restart and you get to decide.

Archived