Chipotle

lianiro

2 hours ago, Karen Twin-Cities said:

@lianiroThe only meat that is compliant at Chipotle is the Carnitas. We do a salad (no dressing) with carnitas, salsa (any of them but the corn) and guac. Good option when you're out running errands and need lunch or just don't feel like cooking. But it will get old fast if you rely on it too much. 

Chipotle has a new meat now, Chorizo. It is compliant and delicious....try it if you haven't yet! 

@lianiro  As Karen said above, Chipotle is a good option, but I only use it in a pinch because even if I get double meat, add guac,  and ask for loads and loads of pico and lettuce (they always look at me like I'm crazy) I don't feel like it's enough food (mostly in the veggie department) for me, and the price gets up there if they're charging for all the ad ons. That being said the Chorizo is really good, and my location has sold it to me just as a side which I brought home and plopped on my own giant salad. 

14 minutes ago, J9er said:

Chipotle has a new meat now, Chorizo. It is compliant and delicious....try it if you haven't yet! 

@lianiro  As Karen said above, Chipotle is a good option, but I only use it in a pinch because even if I get double meat, add guac,  and ask for loads and loads of pico and lettuce (they always look at me like I'm crazy) I don't feel like it's enough food (mostly in the veggie department) for me, and the price gets up there if they're charging for all the ad ons. That being said the Chorizo is really good, and my location has sold it to me just as a side which I brought home and plopped on my own giant salad. 

You might want to check with your local Chipotle about the Chorizo...this older post said that it's cooked on the same grill as the chicken and steak, which is sprayed with rice bran oil.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
30 minutes ago, Kelley Flees said:

I was told by my Chipotle that they cannot do the veggies raw. I don't understand. 

It might be a liability thing -- raw vegetables are more likely to have stuff on them that can make you sick, when they're cooked, they are safer. This might also vary by location, or it might be a newish policy, and that's why others have mentioned it as an option.

i use to eat at Chipotle regularly when i was also working out regularly at the gym but got sick the last time i ate there and haven't step foot at one since.  This doesn't help answer original subject but it's one way to lose to urge to eat there, as healthy as it may be :unsure:

Archived