Cream substitute for coffee

Wayne

The plan is to start the program Friday the 13th. Sounds a little strange to start on this date, but we have company leaving the 12th

My question is; are there any packaged cream replacement that is program allowed to replace cream in my coffee?

Hi @Wayne

There are no cream substitutes per se, but you could try coconut milk (give it a whizz with a hand blender), coconut oil on it's own, a combo of coconut milk or ghee + coconut oil (again, give it a whizz), or take a look at nutpods on Amazon. I've not personally tried the latter, but both of the former give a good creamy mouth-feel...

Or alternatively, buy good quality coffee and learn to love it black!

I hate black coffee, and while I can go without the sugar, nothing in it... nope. I heat about 1/2 cup of coconut milk in the microwave and then use a battery operated milk frother that I got at Walmart for about $10 to whip it up while my coffee is brewing. Pour it in, stir it up really well, and then add some cinnamon and nutmeg and you have a milk free latte. My husband keeps stealing my coffee and drinking it before I do, and he usually likes a decent amount of sugar in his :)

The best cream substitute I've found by far is cashew milk. You have to make it yourself, but it's really worth it and it lasts several days. There are a bunch of recipes on the Internet, but basically you soak raw cashews overnight and mix them with water in the blender. That's it.

43 minutes ago, Deenabg said:

The best cream substitute I've found by far is cashew milk. You have to make it yourself, but it's really worth it and it lasts several days. There are a bunch of recipes on the Internet, but basically you soak raw cashews overnight and mix them with water in the blender. That's it.

I've been making almond/cashew and store the vanilla bean casing and cinnamon stick in the container I store the milk in, so it gets more flavor. Also, I am using the meal as breakfast, squished up with a banana. Thx to this thread, I just ordered a frother. I feel like my coffee is the one thing I really know you can't mess with--with all the shifts going on, so making it super ENJOYABLE in a sacred, non-addictive way is what i'm focused on. I feel like getting coconut milk but I think that might SWYPO it for me. Too creamy. Too delish. 

Archived