Sweets Fanatic- Small Victory- 1st week

Kendallm6

Last night, day 5 of my first whole30, I had my brothers over for dinner. They were amazed at how yummy my whole30 dinner was! Win #1 and win #2 it's a tradition in my family that the host makes dessert for the meal as well. I made (what I was told were) amazing snickerdoodle and chocolate chip cookies. I didn't eat a single bite! Thanks to La Croix my sweet tooth fix was met! 

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you, @Kendallm6!!!! I actually find that the strict structure of Whole30 helps me navigate these situations. IE If I had the choice of just having one cooking, and say using points or whatever the diet system was, to eat it, then I might not only eat one, but have trouble not eating 2 or 5. But knowing that I cannot slip up at all makes it easier. You experienced that! YAY!

Congratulations!! I love to cook and feed people, and wonder how am I going to do this without eating those "little" treats too... you're posting is an inspiration. I really don't crave those sweet things any more, and will think of your determination and victory in passing them by simply because as you and aprilb wrote, they aren't allowed, at all, and therefore I will eat NONE! 

I also think it's important to continue those family traditions, and it sounds like you have navigated well in the real world!!  :D

Archived