Day 6-7 - Sleep, congestion, body aches

Steph D

I am on Day 7 and just had my worst night of sleep yet.  Woke up feeling congested, headachy and body achy.  I had the carb flue effect on Day 2 but it was gone by Day 3.  I had cut gluten and sugar out of my diet for a full year before starting the Whole 30 so wasn't expecting to have such a dramatic reaction.  Wondering if this could be a diary withdrawal reaction?  Also still quite a bit of diarrhea.  Looking forward to all this stabilizing and welcome thoughts, insights!

Is it possible you're just real life sick? I had the same symptoms yesterday and thought, "wow, these are pretty severe side effects and not really predicted on the Whole 30 timeline..." Then my husband felt my forehead and determined I had a fever! It sucks to mix it with doing W30, but there are some good compliant options to eat while sick- in fact they had really good tips in the paid email you can sign up for.  I had plain scrambled eggs and a big batch of chicken soup without the noodles. I found it a bit hard to get enough veggies and fat on that, but at least it's still compliant (and hopefully only for a day or two.)

One more tip from my experience- yesterday I was too sick to get up and make coffee in the am, and settled for just herbal tea- so on top of everything else, I gave myself a caffeine-withdrawal headache. Just FYI something else to be aware of that may be contributing.

Good luck, I hope you feel better!

Archived