3rd W30 in Stockholm, Sweden

EmmaSthlm

Day 19: WHY SO SWOLLEN?

Felt terribly swollen today and could barely fit into my ordinary jeans. What has happened? Is it W30? Stress? Perhaps iron deficit?

Or just my period, because it arrived at night.

FOOD

B: eggs, ½ avocado, ½ grapefruit

L: chicken, roasted vegetables & sweet potatoes

D: salad with salmon & eggs

S: raw bar, fruits, almond butter

MOOD

Stressed. Angry.

MOVE

40 min gentle yoga.

SLEEP

8 hrs. 11.30-7.30. Nice!!!

Day 20: BLOATED

Still very bloated, but it could be my period. Since I am 53, I am struggling with pre-menopause and I have noticed that I tend to gain a lot of weight, much more than when I was younger. So, I cannot really tell if the bloating comes from my period or from W30.

Otherwise I feel fine and I really enjoyed working out hard today. First a fitness class with my favorite American instructor, then a short yoga session at home, during a break between all grading, and finally a long yoga class at the studio at night. Lots of exercise today! Love it!

FOOD

L: steak, sauerkraut, dates

D: salad, avocado, chicken breast

S: banana pancake, coconut coffee, fruits

MOOD

Fine.

MOVE

60 min fitness class – felt great!

90 min Vinyasa Flow – felt even better!

SLEEP

7.5 hrs. 00.00-7.30.

Day 21: UNCERTAIN

Really not sure if this works. I feel fatter than ever before. Is that normal? Otherwise I feel fine, no cravings, good energy, etc.

FOOD

L: steak, sweet potatoes, vegetables

D: salad with avocado & chicken breast

S: coconut coffee, banana pancake, fruits

MOOD

Feeling fat. Restless. Bored. Missing boyfriend in LA.

MOVE

90 min yoga + 40 min barre.

SLEEP

6 hrs 00.30-6.30. Not enough, but not feeling tired.

Day 22: HEADACHE & POOP

Woke up feeling miserable, tired, with a headache. I hope I am not getting sick.

But perhaps I am just dehydrated, after a night without water. I am so thirsty on W30. I drink tons of water, except at night.

This morning I raised, had a big glass of water, some hot ginger/lemon, and then went back to sleep. When I woke up again, I felt much better. Is it normal to feel this dehydrated? I drink tons of water each day.

Another thing I wonder about is my poop. I do it a lot, 10-15 times per day. Otherwise I am a regular, one-time-a-day-person. Why do I poo so much on W30? And is it good or bad?.

At night, I had dinner at my parents, trying to be a good daughter (for a change, according to them). My mum had cooked paleo, roasted salmon & veggies, with only olive oil, fresh herbs and lemon, and a fresh fruit salad for dessert. Perfect!  

FOOD

B: lemon/ginger, eggs, ½ avocado, ½ grapefruit

L: bacon, egg, sweet potatoes, tomatoes & dates

D: salmon, veggies, fruit salad

S: fruits, almond coffee, raw bite

MOOD

Not sure. Felt fine during the day, but a little bit sad at night. But I do not think it had anything with W30 to do.

MOVE

90 min Vinyasa Flow

90 min walking

SLEEP

8 hrs. 11.30-6.30 + 7.30-8.30.

Day 23: MORNING DEHYDRATION

Same thing today: I woke up early with a headache. It seems to be what happens on W30. But today I could not go back to sleep, so I am feeling tired and dehydrated.

FOOD

L: eggs, bacon, sweet potatoes

D: roasted lamb, fennel, broccoli & sweet potatoes

S: raw bite, banana pancake, almond coffee, fruits

MOOD

Tired and stressed. I have been working all weekend, which might be part of the problem.

MOVE

90 min Embodied Flow – but I always take time for yoga.

SLEEP

6.5 hrs. 11.30-6.00. Woke up dehydrated with a headache. Tonight, I will try to take something to re-hydrate the body before bed.

Day 24: TIGER BLOOD?

OK, I am starting to feel pretty good. My sleeping pattern is still a bit weird. I sleep 6.5 hrs, without waking up once. Then I wake up early, with lots of energy. It is very different from how I usually sleep. But my body feels less swollen and my energy level is definitely higher than usual.

Last night I took a “Resorb”, which helps dehydration, and this morning I felt much better! Apparently I cannot go a whole night without water on W30.

FOOD

L: lamb, sweet potatoes, vegetables

D: sausage & sauerkraut, dates

S: raw bite – on the run

MOOD

Much better.

MOVE

90 min Vinyasa Flow

60 min walking

SLEEP

6.5 hrs. 11.30-6.00. As usual on W30.

Day 25: SO STRESSED, BUT AT LEAST NOT HUNGY

So stressed today. Had breakfast at 7 and lunch at 2 and nothing in between. It was possible due to W30, but it put me out of balance for the rest of the day. Going low blood sugar is no good. Dinner at night, but I managed to pick really well.

FOOD

B: banana pancakes

L: salad with roasted lamb

D: buffet: meat and salad, fruits

MOOD

Falling apart due to stress.

MOVE

20 min abs in the morning.

SLEEP

6.5 hrs. 11.30-6.00. As usual on W30.

Day 26: APPROACHING THE END

I am approaching the end. This W30 has been super easy, and towards the end I have also felt some of the good effects. In particular, despite a lot of stress, I have more energy and I feel a bit tighter in my body.

Looking back, I wish I had chosen a less stressful period, worked out harder (at the gym), eaten more protein and been more careful with not eating too many fruits. Perhaps I will do another W30 later. But first I am off to LA to see my partner again. I cannot wait.

FOOD

L: pork, green beans and salad

D: chorizo, egg & sauerkraut

S: dates and fruits

MOOD

Stressed, first, and then tired. Big day at work.

MOVE

0.     Too tired to even do yoga at night.

SLEEP

7 hrs. 11.30-6.30.

Day 27: SOCIAL STRUGGLES

The past days I have had some struggles with food. I had a work dinner on Tuesday, a work lunch yesterday, and I am having another lunch today. I am not sure the food has been fully compliant, but I have had no possibility to do differently. They have all been part of my job.

I have tried my best, and stayed away from everything that looked like it contained sugar, butter, etc. But, of course, I am not sure. However, I will not worry about it.

FOOD

L: salad, ham, roast beef

D: roasted lamb, vegetables, sweet potatoes & fruits

S: raw bite, fruits

MOOD

Stressed & tired, again. So much work.

MOVE

30 min yoga

SLEEP

7 hrs. 11.00-6.00.

Day 28: ANOTHER STRESSFUL DAY

Stress has been killing me this period. I have so much to do at work and I cannot keep up. But I have still been following my W30, which I think is an accomplishment.

FOOD

L: salad, avocado, shrimps

D: steak & sauerkraut, dates

S: raw bite, fruits, almond butter

MOOD

Stressed.

MOVE

60 min walking.

SLEEP

7.5 hrs. 11.30-7.00.

Day 29: STRESS?

I wonder what all the stress does to me. I think it keeps me from losing weight. If I had not followed W30, I would probably have gained weight this period. Now, I believe I stayed the same – and perhaps that is all I can ask for.

FOOD

L: sauerkraut & sausage

D: lamb, sweet potatoes, fennel, onions

S: raw bite, fruits, almond butter

MOOD

Very tired.

MOVE

90 min yoga.

SLEEP

7.5 hrs. 11.30-7.00.

Day 30: LAST DAY

Just as I thought, I have not lost a single pound or inch! I weigh and measure exactly the same as when I started. The only thing that has changed is my fat percentage – it is up!

It is a bit of disappointment, of course. But it is OK. This was probably my last W30 and that feels good! From now and on, I am going to eat more healthy and sustainable! Less meat, more legumes, some wholegrains, and a glass of red wine every now and then. That feels like a better strategy for the future!

But I am proud that I have finished a third W30!  

FOOD

B: eggs, sausage, sweet potatoes, tomatoes

L: salmon, eggs, avocado

D: salmon, salad, avocado, dates

S: raw bite

MOOD

Excited. I am off to LA tomorrow and I am dedicated to switch from W30 to a new, healthy and sustainable life-style!

MOVE

60 min yoga.  

SLEEP

8.5 hrs. 11.30-8.00. So lovely!

FINISHING STATS

The verdict is in - and no, I have not lost a single pound or inch. The only thing is that I have gained a bit in fat percentage: 

Height: 5.7 (170 cm)

Weight: 156 pounds (70.6 kilos) +/0

Fat: 28.0 % (27.6 %) +0.4%

Waist: 30.3 inches (77 cm) +/0

Archived