Homemade almond milk with dates

Hi All! My other post about this seems to have an error.... but, I'm starting the whole 30 today (yayyy!) and I'm wondering about almond milk. I already make my own - 4 cups of water, 1 cup of almonds, 2 dates and 1 tablespoon of honey. I know the honey can't go in during the whole 30, but what about the dates? I'm not using them to replace sugar, because I've never added sugar before.... just want to make sure I'm following the rules on dates correctly! 

• Moderators

The only reason to add dates would be to make the creamer sweet so that your coffee is sweet.  unfortunately sweetened home made creamer is actually called out in the rules as a no... It's considered SWYPO (sex with your pants on). Feel free to google that term if you're not familiar with it.  Home made plain almond milk would be fine tho.

9 minutes ago, mckenzie08 said:

how are dates in almond milk not okay, but they go into the BBQ sauce in the book to sweeten it?

Store bought almond milk is not sweetened unless you go specifically for a sweetened variety which is out  for Whole30.

The dates in the BBQ sauce provide the flavour and are part of the recipe.

Your home-made almond milk doesn't need to be sweetened.

Archived