Multiple Sclerosis

Hello!

I'm brand new to this and haven't started completely yet.  Still trying to learn more and do my research before I get knee deep. 

Anyone out there with MS that has done Whole30?  What did you find worked for you, or didn't? 

I'd love to hear some insight.

I have Relapsing Remitting MS and this is my 5th or 6th Whole30 in the last few years (not 100% sure how many I've done). I can't say specifically for you, but I notice for myself that nuts are a HUGE problem for inflammation. If I eat more than a couple, my joints (and in particular, my hands) get extremely stiff and swollen. Whole30 automatically cuts out a lot of the pro-inflammatory foods that are recommended to avoid if you have any auto-immune condition (like MS :) ), so there really should not be a huge issue. Sensitive gut comes along with any autoimmune, so you might be extra sensitive in the beginning stages of whole30 (bloating, constipation etc.). Cinnamon is good for inflammation. I've learned over the years that if I increase my fruit, I have to cut out my starchy veg and vice versa. Feel free to follow me or PM me if you want to talk more, too! 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! It's been a long time since you posted but I'm curious if you started, if you finished, and how you felt after. Would love to hear your story if you can share. I started my third W30 today but it's my first time doing it specifically to treat symptoms and I'm hopeful it works!

Take care,

Alison

Alison,

Am curious as to how yours is going, and if your symptoms are changing.  I have SPMS and just found out that I have bile gastritis and lymphocytic colitis as well. My doctor thinks my whole system is just inflamed, and suggested Paleo/Whole 30.

Thanks,

Robin

• 4 months later...

Archived