Starting January 9th

Shmelly

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, is tomorrow really Day 30?!  How did that happen??

I have to admit, I'm kinda excited to step on the scale... old habits die hard! ;)

@joseybee - I think I may do 45 days and go from there!  Anyone else continuing??  I love that my sugar cravings are gone, but I'm afraid that if I let myself have any (chocolate etc.), they'll return with avengance!  

NSV- my clothes are fitting looser and I don't feel bloated.  Yay!

I'm going to give it at least another week. I'm just not noticing a  whole lot of change yet. My son (31) did a W30 last year, and said that he didn't start feeling really better until the last week. He encouraged me to stay with it, so I will. My biggest NSV is that I don't crave  sweets as much as I did a month ago, and I am noticing the natural sweetness of foods now. This may sound weird, but tomato paste tastes sweet to me now, where before the W30, it tasted sour! No change in how clothes fit :-(    

We're almost done! I can't be eve it! This round went really well. My skin is clearer. I don't crave junk or sweets anymore. My family is saying I look like I've lost weight. I feel awesome! I hope everyone else feels as good as I do. 

I cannot believe tomorrow is IT!

A few days ago I was still battling intense cravings. And those dreams!! I dreamt that I ate a baguette, which it totally out of character since I've been gluten free for about five years.

But today was great! 

I don't think I'm going to continue, but since I'm already in touch with the foods that don't work for me, I'm not doing a full reintroduction. I'll be re-incorporating dark chocolate, white rice, a small amount of manuka honey in my coffee, and 1-2x weekly goat or sheep dairy.

I'm glad to have vanquished the sugar dragon after indulging in too many gluten-free treats over the holidays (and election).

Regarding alcohol...I'm single and dating in New York City and not drinking is a little challenging.

(I can't have more than 1 or 2, due to my MTHFR mutation, so I'm not going on any benders.)

Hope everyone has a great day 30!

i can't believe it's almost Day 30!

i had a horrible week last week, but managed to stay compliant because of all the extra food I made in meal preps for week 1 and 2 - I basically ate random combinations out of the freezer of peppered with some extra veggies for the past week or so.  I gave in to snacking a couple times but kept it to fruit or nuts and tried not to go overboard  

I'm traveling this week and it's been a challenge, but I think I'm doing ok with it.  Tomorrow i I have a breakfast plan and a lunch plan and will have to get creative with the menu wherever we up. 

Right now I think that starting Wednesday the only thing I'm going to alter is the fats, etc that foods are prepared with - mostly to make the rest of my trip easier to deal with. I'm planning on keeping out the dairy, grains, sugars until I get home and can do some sort of slow roll on all that stuff  

I'm pretty stressed out this week and know that without the calming influence of this past month of clean eating I'd be an absolute mess.  

Day 30!!! We made it!!

I am actually in shock that I made it this far, as this did not get easy until around Day 17. I am doing the fast track reintroduction because my birthday is in 2 weeks and would love to that that chocolate cake I have been dreaming about...see if it still tastes the same!

I am taking after photos tonight to see if there are any major changes in my appearance. I didn't really notice any physical changes but I am eating less in general, since when I snack it's just a piece of fruit, and I am still sleeping all night with no interruptions! Which I am never done in my whole life so I will take that as an off scale victory!

Woothoo! Can't believe I made it. Congrats to everyone.

I'm down 8.5lbs and my husband is down 13.5.

Haven't looked at measurements yet.

No tiger blood here though. Still glad I was able to keep those things out of my diet for 30 days.

Congrats everyone!!!! We did it! I am going to continue with the W30, but modify it a tad (wine). My breakfast and lunch today were no different from the last 30 days. I also bought the W30 starter kit from Tessmae's, the BBQ sauce is awesome! All compliant dressings/sauces/marinades. So I will continue using all that too.

I weighed myself...down 12 pounds, not bloated, no stomach aches, and sleeping SO GOOD. It's amazing what we put into our bodies that make us feel not so good.

Again, congratulations all! Hope to see you on here again. Cheers!

We did it!!  I'm down 16lbs!!  I've lost 4" on my waist alone!  :D

I'm going to keep going!  I don't feel I'm ready to do the reintroduction quite yet.  Anyone else going to keep going?   Maybe a W45?

Congrats everyone!  

Hi everyone! Congrats on completing the Whole 30 -- I'm down 10 lbs! How's the reintroduction phase coming? I learned that peanutbutter is a gateway trigger food for me -- it tasted sooo good that I really didn't want to stop eating it after my apple was finished...but I did and I stepped away from the jar.  The black beans I had at lunch definitely tasted good, but didn't have the same trigger effect. It was good to learn that! I'm using yesterday and today to get back on track and tomorrow I'll try the non-gluten grains - I have a feeling corn chips will be another gate-way to overeating temptation....I might avoid them to entirely and eat other non-gluten things instead.

My reintroduction hasn't been as methodical as I had originally planned, but I seem to be doing okay with it.

My first re-entry was a glass of wine with dinner which consisted of a burger without the bun and truffle fries. After that, I'd have about 1 thing a day that wasn't compliant. The only exception was the travel day home - which due to delays had me eating in the airport for the entire day. Salad with whatever-dressing and Larabars to the rescue! Oh... and cheez-its.  :/

I lost 10 lbs and definitely notice it when I eat more than I should of something (like an entire bag of cheez-its on the airplane -- ugh) so I've shopped for whole30 meal prep this week and plan to get back to eating mostly whole30 with making dining out a "close enough" sort of thing and, of course, wine.

Thank you everyone in this thread! Going along this journey with you has been great and I appreciate the moral support. :)

Not sure how everyones reintro is going but I am actually interested if anyone has found their problem food. I lost 12.5 lbs during the 30 days and plan on weighing these next too weeks to see if anything changes too much. My reintro so far:

Legumes
Peanut butter and banana for breakfast, Chipotle salad with black beans for lunch and pea soup for dinner 
result = Nothing to report, felt like any old W30 day

Alcohol
Went a little crazy and had a few too many margaritas (only lime juice, triple sec and tequila, no simple syrup!) 
Result: Felt the hangover for 2.5 days

Dairy
Sprinkled some cheese on my salad for lunch, had a chocolate milkshake after lunch, and then at the movies had a little bit of peppermint chocolate chip ice cream. I had real food throughout the day as well!
Result: Felt the same but the day after my skin is not looking too great

This Friday I reintroduce non gluten grains, we'll see how that goes! 

Archived