Dry run

benm1976

My wife and I are doing a "dry run" of the Whole30 for a couple of weeks until we can officially start after Presidents' Day (we've got a couple of events [both of our birthdays, the Super Bowl, and a concert trip] coming up where we know we will cheat). I roasted an eye of beef round and two free range chickens that were breastfed by the Virigin Mary, made 10 Mason jar salads and two dressings, and I'm currently working on a sweet potato hash for breakfast. I've been drinking and eating Dill Pickle Lay's the whole time, and that's the only thing that's helped me to cope. I'm completely exhausted. I don't know how I'm going to do this when I'm sober.

9 minutes ago, benm1976 said:

two free range chickens that were breastfed by the Virigin Mary

lol is that code for "expensive"? :lol: Just so you know, you don't have to have free range/grass fed meats for a proper Whole30.

We are pretty broke too, but this should be cheaper than buying two new wardrobes. These chickens were $1.59/lb. vs. $.99 for the regular, so that's not too bad. I did buy some grass-fed ground beef, but the beef roast was just regular. It's hard to find grass-fed beef in my area unless it's ground.

Archived