Universe Whole30 journal

universe-system

Have you thought about a personalized plan for the Universe.  One that accommodates your preferences. That's what I'm doing. I'm not in what you would call the Whole 30 pocket because I've added non-compliant foods that don't trigger binge eating.

I don't log or discuss those foods because I don't want to confuse anyone. My positive food management plan keeps me out of the binge zone but allows me the Food Freedom that's promised to us.  Food Freedom Forever.  

Think about Shawshanking it.  Creating your plan that works for your circumstances. I don't have any food sensitivites, I really don't. But I have binge eating behaviors that absolutely ruined my relationship with food.  Food Addiction. 

I'm in recovery and not relapsing. It's what I've always hoped for.  It just took so darned long to make it here.  Namaste.  Universe.  Nice talking with you today.   

I think that's probably what we're gonna go for now :D 

Like... we know which things react badly with our body already so we can either limit or totally cut out stuff like that. We know that gluten-free grains, legumes and pulses are totally OK with our body so it's not gonna cause too many problems for us if we have those sometimes, and we know we can have natural sugars but not in super high amounts so we can allow honey/maple sometimes. And some of the stuff considered as SWYPO aren't an issue for us but sometimes just make it easier to eat sometimes instead of going hungry when our body can't handle the effort of making something else.

Sooo.. probably gonna be quite relaxed on it, but still use Whole30 as a template for as many meals as possible. That way it works for our needs but also helps keep us healthier than we were before :D:D:D 

I think probably part of why we didn't do that before is that people who don't do a "pure" Whole30 get a whole load of backlash from some people in other groups :/ But like, I don't think there's really any need to be super super focused when we already know what's bad for our body, y'know? 

So we gotta work out a plan :D 

Nik

OKAY SO

We started from day 1 again yesterday. It was a tough decision but we did it and we feel better for it. Before restarting I even had some honey in my tea and it was so sweet it made me feel sick, so I think restarting is a better idea and we know we don't want/need sweet things (and if we do, that's why fruit exists!) 

So... let's log yesterday 

Breakfast - Omelette (3 eggs, coconut milk, spring onion, cherry tomatoes and asparagus) with sliced peaches on the side 

Lunch - roast chicken with roasted sweet potatoes, asparagus and broccoli

Dinner - Thai sweet potato soup (sweet potatoes, carrots, white onion, chicken stock, coconut milk, chilli, ginger, lemongrass and coriander)

Yesterday was a productive and successful day. Got plenty of roast chicken for another couple of meals easily, and saved the bones for stock in the future, also got another 2 portions of sweet potato soup ^_^ 

___

Onto today!

Breakfast - stir fried onions, courgette, broccoli, tomatoes and leftover shredded chicken with 2 fried eggs on top ^_^ 

Archived