Need Ideas for a Crowd

CorrieJ

Hello,

On day 8 of my first Whole30 and feeling good so far!  Hoping you guys can help me with an upcoming event- This Saturday (1/14/17) I am having 9 people over for dinner-My boyfriends family is visiting and my family is coming over as well.  Any suggestions for Whole30 compliant meals for a crowd would be so helpful!

Thank you in Advance,

Corrie

• Moderators

You could make chili, especially if you're somewhere cold. Serve it over/with roasted spaghetti squash or zoodles or baked potates or sweet potatoes. Have a nice big salad alongside it. Or stew or a hearty soup. If you've got/can borrow a couple of crockpots, you could do a couple of different kinds of soup. For any of this, you could offer diced avocado to add or to have on the side (for your fat serving). Whatever you do, you can always have a platter of vegetables and dip of some sort, and maybe a plate of fruit and nuts.

There's some party recipe ideas here that might work: http://whole30.com/2016/09/labor-day-2/

And some more here: http://meljoulwan.com/2016/12/27/paleo-whole30-years-eve-party-snacks/

A lot kind of depends on, are you doing a sit down type meal, or a variety of finger foods for people to nibble on the whole time (or a combination -- I know in my family people sit down together and eat once, and then graze the rest of the afternoon on leftovers)? Are you wanting to make everything 100% whole30, or are you okay with adding some non-Whole30 stuff for other people -- for instance, tacos or fajitas can be done whole30 style in lettuce wraps, with guac and salsa and pico and lots of vegetables, but people not doing Whole30 may expect cheese and sour cream and actual tortillas.

Thanks for the ideas Shannon!  It will be more of a sit down one meal thing, and it doesn't have to be 100% whole30-I'm not worried about being around things that are off plan.  I would like the main dish/focus to be whole30 though.

Archived