Weird success?

Chappella

I'm not really sure where to put this so y'all get it because it is kind of a success to me.

So I'm a cold person. I naturally run very cold and I'm always cold. Always. Last week, I was walking my dogs in 50F weather and I got hot. I had to unzip my coat! Crazy fluke right? Nope. Happened the next night. Then temp dropped to 20s and crazy high wind. Last night, the wind stopped and once again, I was unzipping my coat! When it was 38F! I have not used a thermometer to compare my normal temp to current temp. 

So, am I crazy? Has anyone else felt like they're running really, really, really warm while doing a w30? Google tells me ketosis is exothermic so maybe I should be warmer?

• 2 weeks later...

I've experienced the opposite. I am normally a hot sweaty person, but after about a week of Whole30 I started feeling cold more often - at work, on the couch, at night. Like a normal person? Not really complaining, I like sweaters and cozy blankets so it's nice to actually enjoy them. 

I would love to hear if anyone has looked into temperature changes like this. 

Typically, perceived (and actual) body temperature can change when you modify the amount of calories you consume.  Studies show that people on extreme calorie restricted diets are perpetually cold.  So I would take from that that if you used to be hot and are now cold, the number of calories you are getting is significantly reduced, and I would guess the opposite is true.  

There are certainly other factors that could be at play, but my money would be on your calorie intake.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived