Looking for Teas

Lorenaluna26

30 minutes ago, Lorenaluna26 said:

Hi Everyone!

I am a newbie and I am not good at reading labels yet! Does anyone knows of any teas that I can buy at a regular grocery store that are Whole30 compliant?

Lorena!

Reading labels is one of the best reasons to do a Whole30 and one of the habits the program wants to encourage. 

Even if someone recommends a great tea (or other product) you must READ the label every time you buy it as formulations can and do change.

Where can I find the guidelines for what is okay/not okay in a tea or tea bag?  Is there a compliant tea I can find easily in a store such as Whole Foods, Trader Joes or Publix?  

I'm not picky about the flavor, I am just looking to enjoy a hot drink option besides coffee. 

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, KathyH_FL said:

Where can I find the guidelines for what is okay/not okay in a tea or tea bag?  Is there a compliant tea I can find easily in a store such as Whole Foods, Trader Joes or Publix?  

I'm not picky about the flavor, I am just looking to enjoy a hot drink option besides coffee. 

The guidelines for tea are the same as for any other food you plan to purchase and consume. Read the label. Black, white, green leaves, rooibos, pur'eh, oolong etc are all fine. It's the things they add to the tea. Watch for soy, dairy, candied fruit (which implies sugar). Flower blossoms and fruit peels and bergamot oils etc are all fine.

Archived