Tired.Tired.Tired

Hi all!

This is my first 'complete' Whole30.

I'd eliminated most things (except alcohol) prior and for the most part, it's been relatively simple.

Yet, I'm on day 9 and I'm still really tired. I do o.k. once I'm up and moving - I usually go to the gym first thing. Yesterday I went to they gym and had to take a nap before 10:00 a.m.

Today, I had a really hard time getting up.

Weirdly enough I had what I think might be a Tiger Blood day on Day 3.  I hope that comes back soon!

Thanks for your support!

Mary

Just finished reading today's blog post. http://whole30.com/2014/01/whole30-tough-love/

I've been thinking about this a lot since I originally started this thread. The reality is I'm tired for a lot of reasons (not just Whole 30).

2016 was a great year, full of surprises and great things.

I worked really hard at my business

I had a couple of family life events that took an emotional toll, that I didn't really full realize until now.

I really didn't take any time for myself during the year. 

I  started at a new gym that I love,  and competed in a team contest for the last two months of the year.

We won. Yay!. But I also contributed about double my normal workout schedule.

So, I've decided to weather this out. And sleep early if I need to or schedule meetings later in the day. 

And, of course continue my Whole 30 regimen. I'm in already for 11 days. Can't go back now, and I don't want to start over!

I hope all who are struggling with this will stick with me. And take extra kind care of yourselves.

:) {{ Big Hugs }}

Mary

Make sure you are eating to the meal template and drinking enough water, 1/2 oz per pound of body weight, salt your food and make sure you are getting enough sleep.  You should also make sure you are eating pre & postWO snacks in addition to your 3 meals, it does make a difference in your energy levels.  Usually first-timers do not eat enough food, they are missing nutrients, like fat which will give you energy. If you are not sure feel free to post your meals with portion sizes and timing, water levels and someone will let you know if you are on the right track.  Good job though, I'm on day 10. :D

Thank-you @kruddock!  

I realized today it might be my water intake also. I switched from a large glass with a straw to a stainless steel tumbler. I drink a lot more water if I have a straw.

I think my food intake is o.k., I'm following the template, and I always add olive oil or clarified butter. I'm also eating pre and post WO snacks.  

Timing could probably be better since I've been off my normal early morning schedule today.

Going to bed early tonight. Tomorrow is a brand new day! Maybe I'll wake up with Tiger Blood :-).  

Congratulations on Day 10 :)!

Started feeling less tired on about day 15. Definitely feeling better today (Day 18), still took a nap this afternoon.

Hitting all the other milestones:

Like dreaming had to start my Whole 30 over because I mindlessly ate some kind of food wrapped in donut batter. Huh?

And driving by Taco Bell thinking a Burrito Supreme would be good. I haven't eaten Taco Bell in at least a decade!

Not really craving anything non-compliant, aside from craving an extra Americano, sometimes two. Not sure what that is about, usually one suits me fine.  I'm trying decaf in the afternoon. And tea.

Day 15 - and I have been SO tired.

I work 9:30-4:30 normally.

I wake at 6:30am to workout and used to take pre-workout every day to get a bump in energy...I miss it

I also TA a Grad school class on Tuesday 7:20-10:05, and Thursday I'm in class after work from 4:45-7:20.

I generally go to bed by 8pm, and wake at 6:30am. I know my sleep is terrible, i toss and turn...

Glad to hear I'm not alone!

Hi Cianna -

That's kind of how it went for me - I'm finally back to a more normal schedule with early morning workouts. I was tired today for some reason. 

My sleep is way better than it's ever been. That's a great thing :D.  I've also been completing a nightly ritual with quiet time, a diffuser and meditation.

Good luck on the rest of your 30 days.

Can't wait for that TigerBlood to kick in!

Archived