Longer term problems from reintroduction?

Emily

I know that I don't have any immediate issues from anything that is cut out during a Whole30... no stomach aches, head aches, breakouts, bloating, etc within three days of eating something off plan.

However, I also know that in the long term (like months) I do get bloated, fatigue, not as good of sleep, etc. I suspect that... what's the word?... accumulation over time causes problems?

The problem is, in this longer term I usually eat all of the things that are cut out during a Whole30. I'd like to understand if just one thing is bothering me over time (like gluten), or if it is the combination of all the things.

I was thinking about reintroducing just one thing (like dairy) for a month or two month period to gauge the results. Any other thoughts about how to learn about longer term effects on one's body?

I was thinking about reintroducing just one thing (like dairy) for a month or two month period to gauge the results. Any other thoughts about how to learn about longer term effects on one's body?

I found that it is far more telling to:

a. Go longer than 30 days before reintroduction if you are trying to pinpoint an an allergen or sensitivity.

b. Introduce one culprit at a time, in as pure a form as possible. Keep a log of what you consume, and wait at least three days for a reaction.

c. It is better to do another Whole 30 before reintroducing a second food if you reacted to the first.

d. I would wait at least two weeks before reintroducing a second food if you did not react at all to the first.

For myself, I was able to determine just which types of dairy I could consume, and how much, before I began to experience negative effects...

All the best :)

Maeva

I found that it is far more telling to:

a. Go longer than 30 days before reintroduction if you are trying to pinpoint an an allergen or sensitivity.

b. Introduce one culprit at a time, in as pure a form as possible. Keep a log of what you consume, and wait at least three days for a reaction.

c. It is better to do another Whole 30 before reintroducing a second food if you reacted to the first.

d. I would wait at least two weeks before reintroducing a second food if you did not react at all to the first.

For myself, I was able to determine just which types of dairy I could consume, and how much, before I began to experience negative effects...

All the best

Maeva

Thanks you, I just had a horrible reintroduction experience. I think the reintroduction period should probably be much longer than in the book.

Thanks. I don't have reactions within 3 days; unless it is something so subtle that I don't pick up on it (like maybe just a little more gas?). But it sounds like you are suggesting that if I remain Whole30 for more than 30 days then perhaps the symptoms will be less subtle?

Archived