Day 9 and still can't get out of bed in the morning

CaTo

So it's day 9, and when the alarm goes off in the morning, I still feel like I've been hit by a truck.  For the first time in 20 years, I've been hitting snooze, and then actually going back to sleep.  I'm fine once up - once moving my energy levels are ok, even pretty high, especially over the last few days.  But I have to say that it was much easier to fall asleep at night and wake up in the morning when I was having the evening glass or two of wine.  

With or without Whole30, I rarely get less than 8 hours' sleep, and the past 8 nights have been no different.  I've tried going to bed a little earlier, but am not able to fall asleep too much earlier than normal.  

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

What are you eating? Please provide specifics on portion sizes as the protein relates to the palm of your hand.

How much water are you drinking?

Are you active and/or spend time outdoors?

What is your 'bed time routine'?

Are you taking any meds?

I've found that I've needed to get an extra hour of sleep since starting Whole30. I used to be able to survive on 6.5/7 hours but now I NEED 7.5/8 hours minimum and would be happy with 9! I've started trying to go to bed a little earlier (which is so hard!). 

I'm on Day 11, and the same thing's been happening to me. This didn't happen during my first Whole30. My energy levels picked up significantly after the first few days and getting out of bed was easy, despite being sick for most of it. I realized I'd been keeping to my "normal" sleep schedule this year, which is 6-7 hours instead of 8+ hours. I was much more strict with 8+ hours last time around, so that's the adjustment I'm going to try to make. Try (I know it's so hard!) giving yourself 8.5-9 hours. I have to agree with Urnesha. You're putting stress on your body by changing your diet, and you might need extra sleep until you level out.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Days 10 & 11 were much easier to get out of bed (today I even woke up a few minutes before the alarm), however my energy tanks in the afternoon and just doesn't come back. I purposely ate more at breakfast and lunch today (breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs & 1/2 avocado; lunch: 4 tennis-ball sized meatballs with gravy & 1.5-2 cups caulifower rice with spinach & onions), and this afternoon was so tired I could hardly concentrate at work.  I even went for coffee at 3pm, which is completely out of character for me, as I don't even really drink coffee, and never after 1pm.  For dinner tonight I just ordered a burger, baked potato and spinach salad, so we'll see if this extra food helps (I'd be full without the potato but will try to eat it anyway).  

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, CaTo said:

(breakfast: 2 hard-boiled eggs & 1/2 avocado

That's not really enough food.

When eggs are your only source of protein in a meal a serving is  the number of whole eggs you can hold in one hand. Most females can hold 3-4. If you don't want to eat so many eggs add in a serving of ground beef, or some compliant sausage,or a hamburger pattie. YOu're also completely missing out veg.

Breakfast really sets the tone for the day, so if you skimp you'll find yourself playing catch up for the rest of the day.

Archived