On day 9 and feeling great!

Beth ann e

I started whole 30 on January 3rd.  This is the year I turn 40.  My mom and all her sisters all started experiencing reactions to grains in their 40's.  They develop joint pain and nerve pain when they eat it.  I decided this is the year to cut out the foods that don't make me feel good.  I really want more energy and better sleep, I get nauseated when I'm stressed, and I want less dry skin.  I already feel great and have felt pretty good since day one.  I did have light headed Ness on day 5 and a bad headache the morning of day 6.  The rest of the time my body is saying "thank you, thank you, thank you!".  I've had a lot of positives already.  I sweat less and have no odor at the end of the day.  I feel better mentally.  I am really sleeping amazingly well. And my stomach doesn't hurt under stress! I'm still waiting for some other things to kick in,  I'm not hungry in the morning, but I eat anyway.  I still get fatigued and sleepy in the afternoon.  And I'm starting to miss the things that I've taken out of my diet.  I'm starting to pine after dessert and diet coke.  It's nice to know that this is normal at this phase, I just need to power through a little longer and it will get better.  I'm grateful to be a part of the whole30 community.  Thank you for teaching me how to nourish my body in the best way possible!

Archived