Starting January 16th!

Bryce57

Hello all! My wife and I are starting Whole 30 on January 16th! Last night we started meal planning for next week, and I have to admit, it seems a little overwhelming!! We are really excited to start this journey. We both consider ourselves "healthy eaters", but these recipes look to take it up a notch. I am also super impressed with this forum, as well as the influence on social media. Lots of great support, recipes, and suggestions.

Here's to our Whole30! Looking forward to posting and interacting with many of you!

April,

Paleo for 8 weeks!! I think this is going to be easy work for you! My wife and I still consume a lot of the no-no's on Whole30. With regard to support, I think just posting and checking-in will work. Look forward to embarking on this journey with you!

Bryce

Hi, Bryce and April. 

I'm starting Monday, too.  This is my first Whole30 and I'm really looking forward to it! 

I'm a 46-year-old male.  I lost a lot of weight at the beginning of last year -- about 60 pounds from 242 down to 182 -- following the Quick Weight Loss Centers Diet.  It got me in the habit of eating a lot of lean meats and veggies and cooking for myself at home.  As I did research to figure out why it was working, I came to realize this is similar to Paleo.  But then I regained about half the weight in the second half of the year.  Too many exceptions and special occasions.  And I admit it:  I have a weakness for Cinnabons! 

It's a new year, and I would like get back under 200.  I understand that the Whole30 is not primarily a weight-loss diet, but I think I will benefit from focusing more on food quality.  I'll be interested to see what this does for me.  How much of a difference do grains, dairy, and legumes make to me?  I'm going to eat on the lower-carb end of the spectrum, minimizing fruits, sweet potatoes, and the like.   I typically weigh myself every morning.  That's a habit I'm going to have to break. 

I would love to do this with you guys!

Ben

Archived