Ran marathon, now starting Whole30 1/12

Redcurlygirl

Day 1:  Hello!  I have been considering Whole30 for about 6 months but was training for a marathon (don't be impressed, I'm not fast) but wanted to keep eating breads and pasta and oatmeal and dairy which is my favorite!  I crossed the finish line Sunday and have been planning to begin Whole30 this week and today is my start day.  My husband is on board but hasn't read the book so not sure how motivated he'll stay--we shall see. And I have teenagers so I decided not to toss everything I would normally toss because, well, life would be really miserable with bad attitudes and complaining the next 30 days.  BUT... having said that, I will be tweaking their meals and not buying some of the same things I usually buy, I just won't be saying anything.  I'm sure they'll notice though.  

So today I'm putting that stuff away somewhere where I can't get to it easily, I've put away the chocolate I love to have 2 or 3 times a day, I've got a meal plan for the weekend. I have just made my husband a breakfast of 2 eggs fried in coconut oil, plan approved sausage, and sautéed tomatoes, black coffee, and I'll have the same after my shower.

Cheers!
Redcurlygirl

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been logging daily experiences but I'll start today.  The first week was not as hard as I'd thought because I'm doing this with my husband. We've done well meal planning and having ingredients on hand. I definitely feel a little tired but I'm pretty active so may need more calories but I'm not craving my typical favorite things (cottage cheese, cheese and apples, chocolate) like I thought I would. 

We are low on some things today and need to go to the store and make the plan for the coming week.

Archived