Day 5 - Hit the Wall!

yogajen

Wow, I started my Whole30 Monday and felt great. Plenty of energy, no cravings, no headaches, nothing...with the exception of an unfresh taste in my mouth for a couple of days.  I went to bed last night wondering if I am doing it right because I don't seem to have followed the timeline at all (I know everyone is different, but I felt nothing but good.). My boyfriend seems to be following the timeline almost exactly, so I thought I was doing it all wrong for some reason. Well, I spoke too soon and this morning when I woke up, my blood sugar was so low that I honestly thought I was sick. (I had food poisoning on New Year's Eve and thought I was having another bout.)  

I had a headache, felt dizzy, sick to my stomach, weak... etc.

I have eaten a good breakfast of eggs and compliant turkey bacon, a banana and a cup of coffee with coconut milk, had a (TMI WARNING) major bowel blowout in the bathroom and although I feel a little tired still, I feel SOOO much better.

I looked back at yesterday and in addition to what I think is a delayed detox reaction, I realized that I had an orientation for school last night and didn't eat enough dinner before I went. While there, I had a banana, some water and a compliant Lara Bar ( I have one in my bag in case of emergency, and the other students munching on the delicious looking cookies the school provided as refreshments seemed like enough of an emergency to me!). When I got home, I had a few cashews and raisins before bed. I think it was too much fruit sugar and not enough fat and protein from about 4pm until 10pm and I was crashing hard when I woke up.

I also walked a lot yesterday with my dogs and to and from the bus to school (about 4 to 5 miles total). Today I am going to take it easy and make sure I am well hydrated since my bowel seems to be interested in cleansing today! 

All in all, I feel positive!

3 minutes ago, yogajen said:

I think it was too much fruit sugar and not enough fat and protein

Definitely sounds like this could be the case to me.

A lack of food in general will catch up with you eventually so please try & build each of your meals to match the recommended meal template - 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veg (3 being optimal) and a generous serving of fat. And don't forget to stay hydrated - a half an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily. Dizzy-ness can also come from a lack of salt so give your food a good shake until it tastes good....

Take it easy today & let us know how you get on.

Today is my day 5 as well and I woke up dizzy too. I ate a banana because i felt i needed something. I havent been using salt as its not my favorite but that is a good tip that i will try. I went over what i ate yesterday  and i think as well i did not have enough protein in my diet. In the morning i had egg whites with approved chicken sausage and half of an avacado, for lunch I had cabage, snap pea  and avacado salad with homemade whole 30 asian vingrette, and I also had that for dinner with another chicken suasage. I prepped a veggie dish last night and plan on prepping more this weekend for a better well balanced meal.with proteins and veggies.

Archived