Don't trust restaurants!!!! Have to start over and very upset

cwpowell99

I am on Day13 and went out to eat for the first time tonight. At first glance i thought The restaurant was great-the menu notated gluten and dairy free. So I ordered an item that was notated gluten and dairy free. A few bites of the sauce (on the side) and I suspected dairy. Looked up sauce on Internet and dairy. Asked restaurant what was in sauce-sour cream and mayonnaise! Seriously!! How is that dairy free!! I am really angry and sad-I tried to make a good choice and now I have to start over. Suggestions for handling this mentally? Part of me wants to gorge on ice cream before starting over but part of me doesn't.

Mayonnaise doesn't necessarily have dairy, but the sour cream seems like a problem.

That is a major bummer, but this is a learning process. A mod should chime in about dairy, but perhaps you could keep going and just add extra days on the end (Whole43?). Are you having side effects from the meal?

Glad you're doing a Whole 43!

It might also helpful for you and others to know that YOU WILL MESS UP. Maybe not during your whole 30, maybe not for a while, but at some point you will eat something you didn't plan on because a) didn't know what you were eating or b ) ate it because you decided you wanted it for whatever reason. That is ok! What really matters is how you react to it... do you continue "messing up" and gorge yourself, or do you move on and get back on track with your next bite?

Archived