I am on day 29 and the headaches have been there (and really there) since day 5. I tried to troubleshoot with all I found on the forum, eating more, drinking (even) more water, although I don't think I can do more but I reached a gallon a day, adding more salt, eating more carbs, etc. But nothing worked. I lived through the Whole 30 with constant headaches and can't wait to find out which reintroduction will bring me back to normal! 

Hi Catherine, did you figure out what caused your head ache? 

I'm on day 14 and have had a dull throbbing head ache for over a week. I have never had head aches before other than routine hangovers. Am drinking plenty of water and salt everything. I'm Irish, but never ate potatoes until now so I wonder if they are the culprit or if my body is missing something.

On 12/8/2018 at 11:50 AM, msimp227 said:

Hi Catherine, did you figure out what caused your head ache? 

I'm on day 14 and have had a dull throbbing head ache for over a week. I have never had head aches before other than routine hangovers. Am drinking plenty of water and salt everything. I'm Irish, but never ate potatoes until now so I wonder if they are the culprit or if my body is missing something.

I had that dull throbbing headache on and off for a little more than the first couple weeks. Generally it's a hormone adjustment side effect - take a headache pill if you need to, you don't have to suffer. Of course I'm not a doctor so if you're concerned, seek out medical advice. :)

Thought I would post since I found a lot of questions to the question regarding headaches.  I am on Day 4 and have had the same headache problem.  My head aches start in the early afternoon also (like many other posters).  They start with Migraine like symptoms (tunnel vision) and then result in Pain.  Without going into everything I have eaten, I have found relief in Salt!

I eat a bag of Salted Cashews or Almonds when the tunnel vision hits and I generally have a mild headache, but within 30-45 minutes the headache is gone.  I hope this helps for you all.

Is there anything I can take for a headache other than Tylenol? My headaches laugh at Tylenol.  I've always taken BC,  It's been the only thing that would touch them. 

47 minutes ago, medh said:

Is there anything I can take for a headache other than Tylenol? My headaches laugh at Tylenol.  I've always taken BC,  It's been the only thing that would touch them. 

I don't know what "BC" is - but you can take whatever normal headache medicine you normally take. We don't want you to suffer.

I'm also having headaches (day 8), but I think after reading this I understand part of the problem. I've been bringing more fruits than vegetables to work for my mid-morning meal (I have breakfast super early so I need something before lunch) and lunch. I also picked up some Rx bars for emergencies like extreme low blood sugar after climbing, but have used them as snacks to get me through until dinner. Today I brought more veggies and haven't eaten a bar so my blood sugar is probably way low after yesterday's spike. 

For my meals I've been having: Eggs and a vegetable or fruit (tomatoes, sweet potato, avocado, banana, or apple) for breakfast; fruit (grapes or strawberries, apricot) and nuts (almonds or cashews) mid-morning; a big spinach and romaine salad with carrots, cucumbers or snow peas, and strawberries with homemade lemon-vinegar dressing for lunch; occasional Rx bar; a protein (fish or chicken), vegetable (green beans, brussels sprouts, kale), and starch (sweet potato or yellow potato) for dinner; occasionally a few pieces of mango if I eat dinner early.

Clearly I've been eating way too much fruit! Is there anything I'm missing that I may be substituting with fruit?

46 minutes ago, megbeveridge said:

I'm also having headaches (day 8), but I think after reading this I understand part of the problem. I've been bringing more fruits than vegetables to work for my mid-morning meal (I have breakfast super early so I need something before lunch) and lunch. I also picked up some Rx bars for emergencies like extreme low blood sugar after climbing, but have used them as snacks to get me through until dinner. Today I brought more veggies and haven't eaten a bar so my blood sugar is probably way low after yesterday's spike. 

For my meals I've been having: Eggs and a vegetable or fruit (tomatoes, sweet potato, avocado, banana, or apple) for breakfast; fruit (grapes or strawberries, apricot) and nuts (almonds or cashews) mid-morning; a big spinach and romaine salad with carrots, cucumbers or snow peas, and strawberries with homemade lemon-vinegar dressing for lunch; occasional Rx bar; a protein (fish or chicken), vegetable (green beans, brussels sprouts, kale), and starch (sweet potato or yellow potato) for dinner; occasionally a few pieces of mango if I eat dinner early.

Clearly I've been eating way too much fruit! Is there anything I'm missing that I may be substituting with fruit?

You don't seem to have a lot of fat in those meals. Just cut out some of the fruit and add more veggies. Also, check and make sure you're drinking enough water (roughly 1/2 oz per lb bodyweight). 

19 hours ago, medh said:

18 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

I don't know what "BC" is - but you can take whatever normal headache medicine you normally take. We don't want you to suffer.

BC is mostly asprin and caffine in powder form.  It's a nsaid.