anyone else with a higher body temperature post Whole30?

e_brooklyn

So I finished my Whole 30...and didn't lose as much weight as my husband (who dropped 13 lbs) but my clothes are much loser, so things have definitely shifted and I'm really happy about that. And I feel GREAT and don't think I'll go back to my old eating habits.

But. I am SO WARM. I think my basal body temperature has gone up a fair bit. I used to always be cold and these days I'm quietly fanning myself just reading a book. I'm 34 and nursing my 5 month old, so it's not, you know, menopause or anything like that. HAs this happened to anyone else?

Also, had my first gluten today. Nothing going, so far. I'm almost a little disappointed. Dairy was totally uneventful too, except for maybe a little bloating.

I can't say I've noticed this, we're coming into winter in Scotland :( but if you were always cold and your basal temp has gone up, could it be improvements in your thyroid. i know an underactive thyroid can give you a lowered basal temp and leave you feeling cold, so maybe it's more normal now.

My temp went up from 96.8 to 97.1. My blood pressure also went up. I have always been 90/60. Happened to have an annual exam two days after I finished W30. My blood pressure was 106/70. Still low so I'm not worried. During W30 I felt like I was sweating all the time. Small price to pay for all the benefits. I chalked it up to hormones adjusting.

Archived