Just discovered where my cravings have been hiding!

So I'm on day 9 of my first Whole30. Up until today it hadn't been too hard. But today is Friday. I don't work on a Friday. I study at home for the online course I'm taking (and not enjoying right now I may add). Apparently today is the day when I would 'just have a couple of chocolates' or some hot chocolate, or tea with milk and cookies, or whatever else is just sitting around waiting to be snacked on. I bored eat. Last Friday I was super busy meal preparing and I had tons of healthy food around to occupy me. The other days I'm too busy to snack. I'm very aware that boredom is making things so much worse. Also knowing that hubby wants to go out for dinner to a place which really only has a salad for me (boring and hungry later) isn't helping. I think having a rant on here might help a little. Thanks for your time. 

This post was timely and really helped me- I found mine (cravings) this morning too!  It's been a hugely busy week at work for me this week, and I was sick last week, so this weekend is the first time I've had some unstructured free time. I have the luxury of fixing whatever I want for all my meals today (instead of following strictly planned out and, in some cases, emergency frozen options), and my brain is oddly going to not-the-best options (a fruit plate, all I want is ALL the fruit...Whoa. Where did that come from?) 

Your post made me realize there is probably an aspect other than true cravings or an awakening sugar dragon. It's just my brain with too much free time! It's well-earned free time though, so it's not like I'm going to start filing my taxes or something just to occupy it.  I'm going to sit on my couch and watch soccer, 'cause I deserve to!  But, I did just allow my brain to go back to auto pilot regarding food- plain old scrambled eggs with sautéed veggies for breakfast.  More importantly, I bought a new cookbook- Well Fed Paleo.  For the rest of the day I can read and plan and daydream about cool new dishes to try, so I'll reengage my brain with good options (haven't looked through it thoroughly yet, but I understand some recipes may not be completely Whole 30 compliant), instead of unstructured day-dreaming that started to lead me to unhealthy cravings.

Thats my plan, good luck with yours- a little rant can sometimes work wonders!

Archived