Bad Headaches

I don't think I'm hungry before I go to bed... I usually have a huge dinner. And I have been very aware of the salting things well and making sure I drink a lot of water.

Actually, the headaches have stopped on their own because I've started drinking a shot of espresso after dinner. It doesn't keep me from falling asleep and it seems to keep the headache at bay.  The only issue is that a couple times I've woken up at 4am and have a hard time falling back asleep. Usually takes me about an hour. 

When I started the Whole30, I wasn't waking up with headaches - this just came on about day 8... but for now it seems ok.

Do you have any other thoughts on this?

You could try a magnesium supplement if you're not already taking one. Magnesium is a kind of muscle relaxant so should help with sleep, and will help keep things moving in the bathroom department, as well as possibly relieving tension - all three would be linked to the onset of headaches. And since most of the western world is known to be magnesium deficient it certainly wouldn't do any harm...

I did start a magnesium potassium supplement about 5 days ago, but ( not sure if this is related) I have been very flushed in the face for the past few days.  Not like an acne breakout, just warm and pink - only on my face and ears. Could his have anything to do with the supplement?  I'm trying to think of new foods that I've added over the past couple of days and can't think of any I haven't eaten before.  Granted, Ive had a lot more of several of those things - eggs, fat, sweet potatoes, etc. - than I've had pre- Whole30. Has anyone ever had this issue that you know of?  Am I still detoxing?

Archived