Tuna chunks in sunlower oil

paulinealana

In the sheet of balanced fats and oils, sunflower oil comes under the 'Oils to Ditch' heading and in the book ISWF sunflower oil is one of the oils listed as violating the 4th good food standard because they "have been shown to directly promote systemic inflammation".

It's probably one of those things that's "technically compliant," but not ideal. I'd recommend only using it in an emergency and stock up on tuna packed in water or olive oil only for the next time. The big ones to avoid in tuna are soy and gluten-containing vegetable broth. (Why do they put this junk in canned fish?!) :)

Thank you so much for reply's, I will ditch and get some more in olive oil, I'm on day 21 and did not want to chance is. I'm going to hotel ( girly pamper night), meal booked, have phoned ahead to check out menu but not convinced by some posts I've read about eating out. Thought I would take some emergency supplies!

Well the livestrong site has this to say about it

"Sodium acid pyrophosphate, or disodium pyrophosphate, is an edible phosphoric salt that helps create leavening used for baking, such as baking powder, and prevents food discoloration, such as in raw potatoes. In its bulk state, such as at the manufacturing laboratory, the acidic nature of sodium acid pyrophosphate may be very hazardous upon skin or eye contact, inhalation or ingestion, causing severe inflammation. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration considers if safe for human consumption, however, in its dispersed state as a food ingredient.

I'm not sure it's something I'd want to be ingesting

:unsure:

Archived