Pedialyte

Tracer1

Can I have Pedialyte while on the whole30 ? I was admitted to the hospital after Crossfit . I developed Rhabdo from excessive muscle damage . I have managed to keep up my diet while being in the hospital for the past 3 days .  I am being released , my counts are still high for protein in my kidneys . I have healthy kidneys , that's what saved me . My kidneys are defiantly more important at this point . But I need to hydrate with more then just water .  ? Coconut water ? Pedialyte ? 

• Moderators

Pedialyte is not Whole30 compliant, it's got multiple sweeteners in it. Coconut water may help some, but you'd also need salt (there's a homemade pedialyte recipe here -- you can see it's basically sugary, salty water, and coconut water isn't going to be high in sodium).

That said, it is important to make sure you heal properly. If pedialyte is what your doctor said, I personally would do the pedialyte, keep my foods otherwise Whole30 if that's at all possible just because eating healthy is going to help you heal faster (if your doctor has given you any recommendations about food, please follow those), and then start Whole30 over at some point in the future.

Archived