Hormone Detox

I just wanted to post about this in case anyone else is going through what I went through. I couldn't seem to find it on the forum. 

I didnt have a physical detox because I don't eat much of the non-Whole30 foods to begin with. I didn't have much of an emotional detox because it's not a big deal for me to have any of the foods off the plan. I didn't feel emotionally tied to them.

What I did experience was a hormonal detox. For me, it happened day 12-17. It felt like I was PMSing minus any cramps. So I felt exhausted all of the time and kept constantly cycling between wanting to cry and wanting to punch someone in the face. It was extreme and awful. I was grateful I live alone so no one had to deal with that but me.

I was convinced I was just experiencing awful PMS. But after five days of this, and nothing, it was evident it wasn't.

Personally, I indentified a LOT to the hormone section of It Starts With Food. I believe that I went through a hormonal detox of sorts. My hormones were SO out of whack that I felt an awful manifestation of that turmoil in almost an extreme version of PMS. 

I am writing this to comfort abyone else who finds themselves experiencing this. 

It was awful. I didn't even want to be around myself. But it ended. Five days later, I felt a lot better. It's ok. Your body is healing. Stay the course. This will end. 

Archived