I feel hungry all the time..

Amanda Reedy

Help! I just started 4 days ago and I've been eating what I feel is way too much. I also felt the last two days is sugar crash. I'm eating way more vegetables and meats and I'm also taking multi vitamins on top of that. I'm still waiting for all three of my books to come in so I'm kinda Mia without it. I do really need to lose some weight I have however went 4 days without a headache while eating clean which I suffered from over two months at night. Does anyone have anything extra that could help me?

• Moderators

Can you provide more detail.  Your title indicates you're hungry all the time but your post says that you feel you are eating too much.

Have you seen the meal template?  It's linked in my signature below.  Are you making your meals match the template? Are they lasting you 4-5 hours or are you feeling like you need to snack?  What's your water intake like? Are you getting 1/2 oz per pound of body weight?

I haven't got to look at the template. I'm new to the site. I can eat until I'm full but two or three hours later I feel hungry. I'm trying to up my water intake I think that would help alot. I just have that almost hungry feeling and when it hits me it hits me hard. I'm eating healthy. But idk if I'm eating in all the right portions. I'm definitely not getting that much right now but I'm trying. 

I feel hungry most of the time but however I've been eating so when I feel hungry still after eating alot I feel like I'm going to end up gaining from over eating or if it's because I'm not drinking enough water. I don't know. 

Give us an example of a couple of days food you have been eating. I might be that you are not eating enough protein / fats.

It might also be that you are unused to just feel hungry in a natural sense. Say you eat breakfast at 8. It is normal to feel like you are wanting to eat around 11 and it is ok to feel that until 12 when lunch starts I think. But we are so frightened of feeling hunger for many reasons and rely on snacking.

1 hour ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Can you provide more detail.  Your title indicates you're hungry all the time but your post says that you feel you are eating too much.

Have you seen the meal template?  It's linked in my signature below.  Are you making your meals match the template? Are they lasting you 4-5 hours or are you feeling like you need to snack?  What's your water intake like? Are you getting 1/2 oz per pound of body weight?

I haven't got to look at the template. I'm new to the site. I can et until I'm full but two or three hours later I feel hungry. I'm trying to up my water intake I think that would help alot. I just have that almost hungry feeling and when it hits me it hits me hard. I'm eating healthy. But idk if I'm eating in all the right portions. I'm definitely not getting that much right now but I'm trying. 

I feel hungry most of the time but however I've been eating so when I feel hungry still after eating alot I feel like I'm going to end up gaining from over eating or if it's because I'm not drinking enough water. I don't know. 

23 minutes ago, MirandaLegg said:

Give us an example of a couple of days food you have been eating. I might be that you are not eating enough protein / fats.

It might also be that you are unused to just feel hungry in a natural sense. Say you eat breakfast at 8. It is normal to feel like you are wanting to eat around 11 and it is ok to feel that until 12 when lunch starts I think. But we are so frightened of feeling hunger for many reasons and rely on snacking.

I've been eating eggs, wholly guacamole, and chicken for breakfast. I made a verde chicken with avocados in crock pot have that for dinner or the chicken, green beans, and sausage in balsamic vinegar. 

I don't think I'm eating enough vegetables. I just got Lara bars. I'm drinking green tea no sugar. Just the bag and water. 

But however I sometimes forget to eat on the am when I wake up then I work.

• Moderators

Youre more likely to hold on to weight or gain weight from under eating than from eating sufficient quantities of healthy food.

It's hard to tell how much you're eating with the way you laid out your post.  Now that you know about the template, go back and look at it and then compare your meals to the template and see if you're eating enough.

Put the larabars away for emergencies only.  You should not be using them for planned food or snacking.  They're for legitimate emergencies and the amount of that type of food emergency in a 30 day span should be one or two times at most and really, with proper planning, none.

Water is recommended at 1/2oz per pound of body weight.  Are you drinking that much?  Sometimes thirst IS mistaken for hunger so if you're thirsty, that could be part of it.

Are you adding fat to all your meals? Don't consider the cooking fat until you get your meals sorted, just add additional fat as it's what keeps you full longer.

16 hours ago, SugarcubeOD said:

Yes!  Good work!  Sometimes our signatures don't show up on mobile devices, sorry about that!  But you found it!

I'm trying I've started drinking more water and I'm going to see how this works. I get the three books between today and the 24th. So hopefully soon. Yeah I'm out of a pc right now until I can get a laptop. I've been doing a blog to also keep me motivated. I also had to include a multi vitamin with iron because I'm anemic. But I hope I can get this all right. I plan to do a couple of rounds. 

Archived