FEBRUARY 1, 2017 Start Date? JOIN THIS THREAD!!

samnkelli

Hello!! This is the place for February 1st, 2017 starters!! I know its only mid January but its never too early to plan and also give yourself time to wrap your head around what is coming.

I'm Kelli and I completed my first Whole30 this time last year and then completed my second round in June. I'm starting round three along with my lovely sister Heather, who is doing her first round. I am so proud of her!!

I've found these forums to be incredibly helpful so I wanted to start this thread so we can share stories and recipes, ask questions and have fun! 

Join this thread!!

:)

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live with my husband and two little kids (4 and 7) and I'm the only one in the house doing this!  They're supportive - and I've shared the plan with them... and since I do most of the cooking, they'll be lots of compliant meals when I do.  But the "other" food is still in my house.       That...and my fierce sugar tooth!

Glad to have a buddy in this!

Hello Friends, 

I would like to join you all in a 2/1/17 start date for W30. This will be my 2nd-ish  W30. I did my first in April of 2016 and felt so great that I ended up going 37 days!! I then did a shorter W30 this last November, but didn't make it a full 30 days because of the holidays and my choice to participate in non-compliant Thanksgiving deliciousness. I would like to be able to say that I was able to go off of the W30 lifestyle for the holidays only and then get right back on, but alas, here I am finally getting back into the groove for a February start date/goal. In just a few months of eating all the things that are a "no" on W30 I have gained 30 pounds and don't fit into my favorite jeans... I have also been battling with fatigue, swelling in my lower legs/feet and hands, and night sweats/extreme thirst that wakes me out of a dead sleep. I am ready to take control of my body, my eating habits, my sleep, and my energy. I think that the W30 is the perfect way to get me there again and hopefully I can stay committed for even longer than 30 days. 

I look forward to having your support, and being a support for anyone on this forum. Accountability is the first step! 

Renee J 

I'm gonna start with you guys too! I have done one other W30, around this time last year. Since the end of my first go around, I have been struggling with my food choices. It's time for me to get back on the wagon and I'm really looking forward to having support this time!

Mind if I join you all? I'm gearing up for my first Whole30 as well. I'm the only one in my house doing this and could really use some support! My husband is tip toeing around the idea of joining me.... Which is my main fear. He is such a picky eater and I love trying new things.

6 minutes ago, Michelle H said:

I am starting my first Whole30 February 1 and I'm nervous! I'm not used to eating a lot of different vegetables (my own fault but I also blame my upbringing haha) so that makes me nervous. I'm also not a super great cook. But I'm looking forward to it! 

Haha you sound just like me:)

2 hours ago, Michelle H said:

I am starting my first Whole30 February 1 and I'm nervous! I'm not used to eating a lot of different vegetables (my own fault but I also blame my upbringing haha) so that makes me nervous. I'm also not a super great cook. But I'm looking forward to it! 

I am starting to get nervous and excited about this.  One thing that I think will help me - I'm really thinking of this in almost a scientific sense....an experiment to see what this change does for my body and mind  And thinking of it that way - I'm committed to not sabotaging the experiment by cheating... you know - for science :-)      I've segregated "my" food in the pantry -and kept everyone else's (non-compliant) food in a different area.  I've nearly eliminated all sugar sources (the obvious ones anyway...) even among "their" food.   This weekend I plan to devote time to meal planning for the first week, and shopping. 

haha ya'll sound like me!! I've read the books and done some of the meal planning...I swear breakfast and veggies are gonna be the hardest for me. I am so used to eating cheerios or bagels EVERY DAY that I think that's what I w ill struggle with. But I'm getting excited! 

I read the book in a weekend. I've saved so many recipes. I've picked up some staple Whole30 things here and there when/if it has been on sale. I've started a journal with my goals and fears as well as the "If/Then" sentences that were talked about in the book. The cabinet and fridge clean out starts this weekend! And I need to finalize the weeks meals.

I know I can do the "no dairy" thing... I was lactose intolerant while I was pregnant. My biggest struggle is going to be finding everything that is compliant, like the almond milk, ghee, etc. Our town is super small doesn't have much of that stuff. I suppose I'll try making my own. :wacko: Thankfully I love to cook!

I'm in!  I'm super super nervous and not 100% sure what I'm getting myself into but all I know is my metabolism is suffering because of my constant binge eating and my addiction to food needs to end!  I'm ready to take up this challenge on Feb 1, 2017!  Any advice for preparing myself for these upcoming 30 days???

Hi LeahS!    Can't give you much advice on the Whole 30, as it's my first time doing it also.    I did do a low carb diet about 5 years ago and had fabulous results.  Lost about 30lbs, got rid of the start of pre-diabetes and overall felt wonderful.   I'm a binge eater also,  I do well on eating most of the time but I eat a bite of one bad thing and I'm done:/   My biggest help will be, distracting myself when I get that craving. . . .evenings are really bad for me.

30 minutes ago, LeahS said:

I'm in!  I'm super super nervous and not 100% sure what I'm getting myself into but all I know is my metabolism is suffering because of my constant binge eating and my addiction to food needs to end!  I'm ready to take up this challenge on Feb 1, 2017!  Any advice for preparing myself for these upcoming 30 days???

I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into either! :rolleyes:  I think meal prep is important, even if you live alone like me, planning ahead to avoid going back to bad habits and no one around to hold you accountable!  Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time! Before you know it you will be on track with new, healthy eating habits! 

Good luck everyone! 

Mornings and evenings will be tough.  I'm not a huge egg fan, and can't really stomach that most mornings (I'm more a bagel or toast eater - ugh.)  And evenings.... The tired start and end to the day will be the tough times.    Glad to have the support of you all!

Hi everyone! I planned to start my Whole30 this Sunday, but you all seem like a such a great group I am going to give myself a few extra days to get myself ready for this adventure (?) I'm halfway through reading the Whole30 book, and have pinned a whole boards worth of recipes, snacks and motivational words and I'm cleaning out the kitchen on Saturday, shopping on Sunday. 

Who else is getting their "lasts" in? I will miss my Siggi's strawberry rhubarb yogurt (and cheese/crackers) most of all, so I practically teared up when I ate my last yogurt today. I suffer from general inflammation and frequent bloating that testing hasn't pinpointed and fear dairy products may be the culprit. Let's pray it's beans, lol!

Archived