FEBRUARY 1, 2017 Start Date? JOIN THIS THREAD!!

samnkelli

SommerM, I'm so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself and do what you can. If you feel up to it then preparing a w30 compliant meal for your family may help everyone, but if not, then easy what you have to, w30 will still be here when you are ready.

Not sure if you guys have Shrove Tuesday over there, but the Tuesday before lent in the UK is pancake day, traditionally the time when you would use up all the sugar and fat in your house before starting lent, but now an excuse to pig out! All over social media, in every restaurant and even in my office people have been eating pancakes. At my office there were crepes, american style pancakes and Dutch style mini pancakes, with cream, sugar, nutella and a tiny bit of fruit. I knew that pancake day would fall on w30, but I didn't think I'd care that much! 

I've done pretty well this time around with toilet issues. I identified early on that I couldn't eat certain things together and it's gone ok. But I'm still not sleeping well and I'm completely exhausted. I'm craving bread and alcohol (not so much the sweet stuff) and it's going to be a struggle not to go off the rails completely in the coming weeks. I probably should extend to a w45 or w60 or even w90, but I just can't face it. I'll carry on checking into the forum and writing up my log and try my best. 

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yesterday was day 30 and we waited until this morning to weigh in!  Both of us have lost 10 lbs.  Not as much as I thought but was not really worried about it.  Still the biggest happy is that my sugar is down and my husband's blood pressure is down by a lot.  So we decided to do another 30.  Rolled right into today.  Liz's journey and Ladylisbette!  Let's do it!  

I have to admit that I probably ate too many RX bars had one every day the last two weeks, sometimes even more then once a day.  So yes that is my sugar dragon.  The second month I will try to cut down on that.  Although I am basically very happy with the accomplishments.  The other one is potato and sweet potato, we basically ate them at every meal or at least 2 meals a day.  Again this month we will cut back on that a little more.  All is good!  Reading ISWF now too, I believe that and the forum really helps me stay focussed.  

SommerM I am sorry to hear of your sad news.  Just start again when you can, I believe we will be here!

Good morning everyone!!

Liz'sJourney, you are definitely an inspiration and thank you for sharing!

LadyLisbette, glad you are enjoying ISWF. Such valuable info.

Glad to see that a few of you are continuing on after your 30 days! I finished yesterday but I will keep close to the program too -- it's weird, my last two rounds, I had a list of food I missed and couldn't wait to get back to (rice, cream in my coffee, corn chips). Now that I'm done, I planned next weeks menu and the meals are no different than what I've been doing the last 30 days.  No rice, no cream, no corn chips in the plan. And I'm totally fine with that.  NSV #1.

Skin is clear, soft and happy. This is always a big NSV (#2) for me since I have had skin issues for years.  I sleep like a log, wake up refreshed and energetic. Workouts are improving. Mind is clear. Weight is down 7 lbs. I feel like I am still a bit moody and need to work on drinking more water, but overall I'm happy.

Going to a concert tomorrow night and going to have a drink or two. May just stick to vodka with lacroix (what..who am I?!!). I am a big beer lover but not sure I want to drink beer, then have rumbly results while dancing and singing. 

Who's next? Cant wait to hear from other finishers! 

Kelli

Congrats to all you earlier-starters who made it through!!!   I'm so inspired by this group!   I'm a Feb 1 starter, so tomorrow is my last day - wooohoo!  (Though I'm going through Friday so that I can enjoy a dinner out on Saturday - where I'll eat <gasp> tortilla chips!  So that will be my first re-intro day - non-gluten grains.)      As others have noted - I definitely plan on doing another one (thinking Mid-april thru Mid-may, scheduling around some events on my calendar) and feeling good taking lessons I've learned this time and applying them, for an even smoother, more effective second go at it.    

SommerM, as everyone has already said - very sorry for your loss...just take care of you and yours right now in whichever way feels good and right. 

8 hours ago, treeny_bash said:

Not sure if you guys have Shrove Tuesday over there, but the Tuesday before lent in the UK is pancake day, traditionally the time when you would use up all the sugar and fat in your house before starting lent, but now an excuse to pig out! All over social media, in every restaurant and even in my office people have been eating pancakes. At my office there were crepes, american style pancakes and Dutch style mini pancakes, with cream, sugar, nutella and a tiny bit of fruit. I knew that pancake day would fall on w30, but I didn't think I'd care that much! 

Wow, never heard of Shrove Tuesday but my lord, that sounds like my kind of holiday! 

Congrats MarJet!!!  Yay!! Will you stay on this page for your next 30 days?

9 hours ago, treeny_bash said:

SommerM, I'm so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself and do what you can. If you feel up to it then preparing a w30 compliant meal for your family may help everyone, but if not, then easy what you have to, w30 will still be here when you are ready.

I've done pretty well this time around with toilet issues. I identified early on that I couldn't eat certain things together and it's gone ok. But I'm still not sleeping well and I'm completely exhausted. I'm craving bread and alcohol (not so much the sweet stuff) and it's going to be a struggle not to go off the rails completely in the coming weeks. I probably should extend to a w45 or w60 or even w90, but I just can't face it. I'll carry on checking into the forum and writing up my log and try my best. 

Fat Tuesday!   I only wish we had the tradition here of pancakes and sugar!!...sounds much yummier than plastic beads :-)   Nice job resisting!!... your body thanks you, I'm sure! 

This morning, I proudly told my husband: Today is my last day of Whole 30! to which he responded, "wait, isn't Thursday your last day?" Oh. Yes. Yes, it is. Haha - my brain must be ready :)

I am planning on doing the 10 day reintroduction. I think a good point that the W30 cookbook makes is that you must do the Whole 30 in order to do re-introductions - in my mind, don't waste all the hard work of Whole 30 by not carefully reintroducing.

I am REALLY looking forward to a gluten free beer on Friday! But, other than that, I am really not missing anything in particular. Oh wait, I do miss things that I never really even ate when off the Whole 30: Krispy Kreme donuts, cupcakes, and petit-fours!

I think I will keep pretty much to the plan in the future: I don't really miss rice, flour, chips, or even cheese.

I feel like I am much more satisfied with the way I look in profile - funny! And I am also pleased that I've been able to deal, face on, with addiction issues that I have. 

Good luck and congratulations, everyone!

Today is my day 30! First of all, I am proud of myself, as you all should be. Second, I find my appetite has decreased over the last week. Finally, I have taught myself that even through stress and difficulty,  (a health scare during my second/third weeks), my mental strength & perseverance (stubbornness?) can get me through a Whole 30. Frankly, I was grateful to have something to focus on! And by the way, it was a false alarm, but it served to remind me that my health is up to me. I am committed to eating better for life.

Today is day 30!!!! Holy cow! I won't be starting reintroduction until Friday. I am away from home until tomorrow evening and I think it's easier to just continue without reintroduction until I can plan. 

Im scared for reintroduction homestly. I don't know where to start and I'm afraid of how I will feel. I have been feeling great!!! 

NSVs!!! 2 belt holes smaller! Less headaches! Great feeling! Clearer skin! 

Great work everyone!! :) 

Congrats to all who are in their last days! Have fun with your re-intros, let us know how it goes! It's fun reading what people are discovering, including what you miss, don't miss, can and can't live without, etc.

Until recently I was thinking, "hm, I don't really miss anything..." and, um...not so true anymore, LOL. I am currently missing eating pork chops or pork tenderloin with a spot of chutney on the side. And then tonight I stopped at the kebobs place for take out and ordered a compliant version for myself: meat and vegetables and salad, and for the husband kebobs and the works: same as mine but with basmati rice, hummus and pita. Oh, it looked really, really good! At a site visit today the reception desk had a bowl of brightly colored, I don't know, balls of some kind, like gumballs, or chocolate covered malt balls. So pretty, like pop art. And my little sugar junkie was a little too curious about what they were. I stayed safe, of course...

Coming home from the grocery store, kebobs next to me on the seat, I treated myself to a little half pint of organic raspberries to nibble on on the way home. Much better than my old habit of jelly bellies for the road. Gasp! Those berries tasted technicolor delicious and beautiful. I'm saving the rest for tomorrow. I have only been eating a piece of fruit every 2 or 3 days. Now I'm giving myself permission to eat more, hence the berries, and actually, I think I had 3 pieces of fruit in the last two days, and I am now okay with that. I've also caught myself from that couple of days of "kinda" under-eating. It's fun to feel the controls, to feel in control.

About pancakes: a few years ago my brother got me started on "dutch babies"...butter heaven!

Whenever I sit down to eat something cooked in ghee my cat comes sniffing around...she likes butter, too!!

21 hours ago, Liz's Journey said:

Thanks for the "Oscar".  I was hoping to inspire and let people know challenges come but you can still do this.  I am really sorry for SommerM's loss also.  Really I am not sure what I would do with her situation.  It is very healthy to be with family.  

LadyLisbette so glad you will doing at least 60 looking forward to more post and challenges with you.  I think I am going to go and google the W30 not hungry and see what it says.   Plus I have never read ISWF so guess I am going to have to do that.  Thanks everyone for mentioning it is worth the read.  

Yes, looking forward to continuing the conversation!

Good morning! Soooo, last night I had a vodka on the rocks with olives x2!  It was pretty good.  But this morning my sugar was 145.  I dont know if it was worth the raise in my sugar.  In fact I might have been just as happy with a glass of kombucha. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to go out if my system.

Has anyone else tried something that did not sit well?

Good morning all... I finished my Whole30 on Tuesday and I decided last night that I wanted to treat myself. I really like the way I have been eating so I decided to do more of a slow roll. I live in a suburb in Chicago and we have a place called Portillos which is very well known for its hotdogs and this amazing thing called a chocolate cake shake. It is what you think it is... it is a chocolate shake with chocolate cake in it. I decided that I wanted that to be my treat. I got a small shake, sat down, and took a sip. It was amazing. It was worth it.... until an hour went by. Then my tummy started to gurgle. It is a small reaction. I went to bed and felt fine when I woke up this morning. But as the morning has gone on I am a little nauseous and have a bit of a headache. As Melissa says I made a choice and dealing with the consequences. I am back on my meal plan which is a huge win for me. Congratulations to all of you that are on your last day....

Good Morning - So my husband and I are starting the re-intro tonight. I will make a Whole30 compliant taco salad but will now add some cheese.  He lost 13, I lost 8.  We are both unsure about inches but our clothes are fitting nicely and some a bit looser.  We both feel fantastic, not sluggish like we used to be, especially at 3:00!  We want to keep it going but start to introduce slowly, I am nervous about how I will feel.  I have been following along on the forum but not posting very much.  I will try and update how I feel after each intro.  We made it February 1st-ers woo hoo!!!

Today is day 31! My husband is down 8 pounds, and I am down 7 1/2. (For some reason that half is important to me.) We are both extremely proud. Our stomachs are flatter. My husband found the whole 30 difficult, but he is quite happy with his results. He is finished with the weight loss portion of this journey. I, on the other hand, feel this is only the beginning. I am so motivated that I plan to continue a mostly Whole 30 lifestyle. I am doing a 13 day reintroduction, as tonight we are having steak & wine! My goal is to lose more weight/inches, continue working out, and be the healthiest me. 

1 hour ago, ABetterMe said:

Today is day 31! My husband is down 8 pounds, and I am down 7 1/2. (For some reason that half is important to me.) We are both extremely proud. Our stomachs are flatter. My husband found the whole 30 difficult, but he is quite happy with his results. He is finished with the weight loss portion of this journey. I, on the other hand, feel this is only the beginning. I am so motivated that I plan to continue a mostly Whole 30 lifestyle. I am doing a 13 day reintroduction, as tonight we are having steak & wine! My goal is to lose more weight/inches, continue working out, and be the healthiest me. 

CONGRATULATIONS!  I am so happy that both you and your husband completed the W30.  Keep up with the W30 lifestyle and a slow reintroduction time.  Great Accomplishment on how you feel about yourself.  I can just feel how good you feel about yourself through your writing.  CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm on day 4 and noticed that on the website under the compliant companies there is a company called Sea Snax that have crunchy treats however I see rice flour listed on a lot of these products. is rice flour compliant? I don't see how it would be but perhaps I'm wrong.

HI All I had my first reintro day yesterday although it was less a reintro day and more a treat day celebrating the completion of my whole30. During my whole30 I had gone to an Irish Immersion weekend and one of the ladies from CT makes amazing shortbread cookies. I had two I saved from the weekend for dessert last night. It was kind of funny I ate the first one cold out of my fridge and it was really sweet and it didn't taste like I remember it tasting, so I left the other out for awhile and then had the second one and again it was sweet maybe tasted a bit better but it didn't find myself wanting to eat a bunch more. I think like in the book ISWF some foods are tied to happy memories and you build them up to be more then they are. Maybe it would be different if I was eating one while I was at the weekend or it was fresh from the tin instead of sitting in my fridge for two weeks. I was a little tired this morning but I've been pretty stressed the past couple of weeks with work and not getting a ton of sleep so I can't really say I ate the cookies and it made me tired.

I'm doing two whole30 compliant days and then reintroducing dairy on Saturday. Out of all the things I miss it's between cheese and a piece of sourdough bread with butter. So Saturday I'm going to have yogurt with my breakfast a few pieces of cheese, Manchego and Smoked Gouda, with my lunch and coffee ice-cream with dinner and see how I feel on Sunday.

I'll keep checking in and good luck to all the people extending their whole30s to whole 60's or somewhere in-between.

Sounds like we have lots of success in our group and that is such a motivation to hear.  I'm planning on moving right in to my next whole 30.  I have Dr. appointment tomorrow morning for annual exam and fasting blood work and will be looking forward to what those results show.  I don't think my weight it down a lot but guess I'll find out tomorrow.  I "might" allow myself a little sugar either tomorrow night or Saturday and plan to just keep on moving forward.

Like many of you I have new renewed energy - not going through the afternoon exhausted.  Wishing I would improve sleep - so will focus on those starchy carbs for my evening meals and see if that helps.  Shrove Tuesday was Fat Tuesday here and they brought in king's cake and Danish.......I avoided the breakroom!  Today was barista drinks...so I had a latte made with my coconut milk! 

Sommer so very sorry for your loss.  I agree - do what seems best for you at the moment but do allow yourself to experience your feelings!  Hugs for you!!  Liz; Mary and Lady Lis I too plan on continuing to post here.  Will update everyone tomorrow on how my weight looks....best of luck to everyone!

Just finished dinner.  Halibut, stir fry veggies, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 apple.  I am continuing on with my W30 to W60 and am so glad there will be others on the forum with me.  The only rule break I will have is weighing my self tomorrow morning.  My pants are still pretty tight so I am not expecting a large loss.  I am really needing to do the W60 because I need to work on some other non-food items like increasing my exercise plus working on food items such as how much do I really need to eat to stay satisfied.  Not sure if I know that one yet.   Went to the grocery today and bought a whole bunch of meat on discount.  So I am already to go again.  Tomorrow night for dinner is going to be pulled pork, butternut squash, and compliant barbecue sauce.  

I can't wait to read the stories on reintroduction.  I am hoping to learn from each one so I am prepared to start my reintro in 30 days.  

Take Care Everyone 

Starting reintroduction today! Just did my weight in and went from 182.4lbs down to 170.2lbs!! I'm very happy with myself!! Honestly, I'm the happiest that I completed it and how I feel! The NSVs were the best but the weight loss is a plus! I will be starting another round after reintroduction. Will anyone else be in? 

I think quite a few of us are in Nansea!  Yesterday I picked up a box of pederson compliant bacon at Whole Foods, yes a box!  It is so hard to find and when they showed me the box I went for it got a $1 per pack discount too plus you can freeze it!  I asked the butcher last week for it and he said, they cannot make enough of it as they get their order in on Wednesday and by Friday sat it is all sold out.  

Yeaterday I had what I call an eat day, I wanted to eat between meals all the time, today I will have a little more sweet potato  in the hopes that the snack attack will stop.  Maybe I will start up a hobby to keep my mind off food.  

18 hours ago, hungrymom said:

is rice flour compliant?

Nope, rice flour is not compliant. It may be that *some* of their products are compliant, but not all - as always we urge you to read EVERY label...

2 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Nope, rice flour is not compliant. It may be that *some* of their products are compliant, but not all - as always we urge you to read EVERY label...

Also true with TessaMae's dressings, by the way....not all are compliant!   I ordered one that looks and smells pretty yummy....but has honey :-(  My husband's been enjoying it. 

Archived