FEBRUARY 1, 2017 Start Date? JOIN THIS THREAD!!

samnkelli

My head is feeling pressure...began yesterday afternoon, worse today. Wasn't sure if I was getting a fever, but temp is normalish so far. I felt terrific through Day 7. Hubby was sick with a cold all of my Week 1 and I had not caught it.

Mostly resting today. But need to meal plan. And grocery shop soon. 

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Marjet said:

I wonder if you have done this non stop for 3 years?  If so I am impressed!  I am now on day 10 and my husband is enjoying the meals tremendously.  Both of us feel like we have lost weight or at least are reshaping.  He does have his cocktails every evening and a beer at lunch, we are retired and camping right now.  I have my  kombucha at cocktail hour which helps.  Not hungry at all we eat 3 solid meals and find them delicious.  And yes this forum helps!

I don't know if I've missed a day on the forum. I've only completed one compliant Whole 30. One and only one.  I immediately moved onto a Slow Roll Reintro. Then I rolled my bones on over to Ol' Man River, Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' on a River and I keep on rollin, Marjet. dont go smiley

The rest of this time I've been working on dieting detox, recovery from food addiction and relapse prevention. I can report that I have not relapsed or fallen back into food addiction. Talking to and with myself has revealed roots of binge eating behaviors that I'm still working on. Start a Destiny Diary and really dig beneath the surface.  It will make all of the difference in the world.  Namaste, Marjet.  Give it all you've got. 

34 minutes ago, 4Donna said:

Oakley - if you still are here - I will be doing the March whole 30 too...so hope to see you there!

Still here, and rooting you guys on!! I just can't seem to leave lol this thread has some really good information and I keep checking in

Day 10 already!  don't feel a lot craving for many of the things which are not allowed, probably my regular diet is pretty healthy :)   but do felt that it's easy for me to get hungry in the last few days, now it's better, don't feel hungry that soon.  Expecting what is going to happen next

Hello everyone!! Happy to report I'm feeling the brain fog lift and sleeping like a log. Anyone else notice changes in mood, sleep or mental clarity? It is lovely!

Have a challenging evening tomorrow -- my sister in law is having a birthday dinner at a wonderful italian restaurant that I love. I've checked the menu and they do have some chicken options that may work but they have all these sauces with butter/wine.  I may just get a salad with oil.vinegar dressing and spend the entire night sniffing and staring at everyone else's food. That wont be annoying or anything, will it?? 

Making some yummy meals this weekend, thanks to some great suggestions I saw on here -- salmon cakes and butter chicken to start. Also making spaghetti pie and jamaican jerk chicken with fried plantains too.  I loooove me some fried plantains!! :wub:

Slightly late to the party here haha Hi!! My name is Amanda and I started on the 5th of Feb, live in Central West NSW of Australia, this is probably my fourth attempt at a Whole30 with only the first being successful. After my first I ended up on the Paleo train full time and somewhere along the line of the past 1.5-2 years I got caught up in the social hypes of eating to the nutritional guidelines and now I feel like I am back to square one with my health so thought it would be the perfect time for a Whole30 and an overhaul to take me back to what I know is best :D

I will try read back on some of your previous discussions on this thread :)

Well done to everyone still going, and to those who fell but are prepping for restart! I'm on day 7 today and it's going to be a challenge. My boyfriend was out late last night and I had a fight with him at 3am for snoring too loudly! Result = about 3 hours sleep total and waking up mad, which was disapated a little when he rolled over this morning and apologised. 

Also fell pray to home-alone-itus last night and spent the whole time prowling for food! Luckily nothing non - compliant but I ended up munching through a whole pack of deli meat whilst waiting for dinner to cook, along with a couple of spoons of coconut oil (is that gross? I feel like it might be gross to eat coconut oil straight out of the jar, but it's so creamy and yummy!) Also ended up skipping the veg with my burgers and potatoes last night which made me feel guilty. 

Towards the end of my last w30 i was really suffering with upset stomachs after some meals. I've been thinking about it and I think it might be when I have too much fat. Is that a thing? Like eggs on their own are fine, but if I have eggs and avocado in the same meal then my stomach objects? I made a gorgeous dinner the other night of thai chicken boodles, but it had a *lot* of coconut oil and creamed coconut and there were some digestive issues after. I totally get that my body needs fat, but I'm going to try to be mindful of the volumes and see how it goes.

Happy Friday everyone!

12 hours ago, CathyEarnshaw said:

Day 9 for me and I'm feeling very anxious today. What is THAT all about?

11 hours ago, Garts Girl said:

I'm super curious too. I'm on day 4 but have noticed it the last day and a half. Not typically prone to anxiety but....wow. Not feeling super crazy in any other way (accept for yesterday... Poor staff members)

Anyone feeling anxious needs to ensure they're eating enough starchy carbs. We'd recommend at least a fist sized serving, but many people find they need more. The high omega 3s & DHA in oily fish will also help (particularly when eaten alongside the starchy veg - specifically white potatoes), as will foods such as oysters, mushrooms, asparagus, bananas & turkey...

Fat is a necessary nutrient for brain health so don't skimp on the fat!!

Hmmmm........I haven't eaten starchy carbs for 3 years now and haven't experienced anxiety like this. The only thing new to me in the whole 30 diet is the absence of legumes and dairy.

I get plenty of Omega 3 in my diet and also have been taking a supplement for about 15 years.

I find myself using something someone said here......(like, just now - when faced with a chocolate cake in the office break room.)....  Don't even let myself think about how it tastes.    That's what I feel myself doing.  It's almost a zen act...realize the cake is there, and then let that thought pass.  :-)  My satisfying breakfast of egg, sausage and tomatoes helps the resistance too!   

1 hour ago, AmyEN said:

I find myself using something someone said here......(like, just now - when faced with a chocolate cake in the office break room.)....  Don't even let myself think about how it tastes.    That's what I feel myself doing.  It's almost a zen act...realize the cake is there, and then let that thought pass.  :-)  My satisfying breakfast of egg, sausage and tomatoes helps the resistance too!   

2 boxes of donuts in the office today -- and I do that very thing, Amy.  And Look away!! If your office is anything like mine, this is a common occurrence and I avoid the area whenever possible!

Unfortunately, my day started with a rotten egg. We have a little deli at work that sells hard boiled eggs and I bought a couple. One was so disgustingly slimy and stinky when I peeled it - I lost my appetite.  

Treeny, not sure what to tell you about eating coconut oil straight out of the jar -- I've heard of it before but maybe it is too much fat at one sitting? Hopefully the moderators can give you some feedback.

6 hours ago, jmcbn said:

Legumes are pretty starchy.

Yes. ....and I have eaten limited amounts of legumes for the past 3 years but no potatoes, corn, peas. I'm not going to add those things back to my diet.

It's funny, but I'm not anxious today and I still haven't eaten starchy carbs.

HELP!! It's Day 10, and I accidentally ate a Spearmint Lifesaver!! Do y'all think I need to start over?!

To treat myself for making it to the dreaded day 10, I scheduled an acupuncture treatment at our community clinic. To underscore my problem with habitual consumption, I popped a piece of candy in my mouth like I always do -when I'm there-. It did not even occur to me until I was finished with the darn thing!! So much for the "treat" acupuncture! I spent the next hour deciding whether I need to start over. I hope I can get moderator advice here.

Darn it!! It was so unthinking. There's a billion things I would have rather cheated with. Just this morning, I was journaling that I'd never quit today or tomorrow and have to start all over. And here I am? Am I to have a Feb. 11 start date? :(

20 minutes ago, English teacher Kate said:

HELP!! It's Day 10, and I accidentally ate a Spearmint Lifesaver!! Do y'all think I need to start over?!

To treat myself for making it to the dreaded day 10, I scheduled an acupuncture treatment at our community clinic. To underscore my problem with habitual consumption, I popped a piece of candy in my mouth like I always do -when I'm there-. It did not even occur to me until I was finished with the darn thing!! So much for the "treat" acupuncture! I spent the next hour deciding whether I need to start over. I hope I can get moderator advice here.

Darn it!! It was so unthinking. There's a billion things I would have rather cheated with. Just this morning, I was journaling that I'd never quit today or tomorrow and have to start all over. And here I am? Am I to have a Feb. 11 start date? :(

Here is a post from Melissa Hartwig on whether or not you should re-start: 

http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

If it were me, I would add an extra day and call it good. 

I made the salmon cakes last night and I think next time I'll try to do the coconut oil a little differently.  They had great flavor but I felt like a little dry on the outside.  I feel really good - strong and focused.  I've really been trying to make sure I'm getting adequate sleep and hope to catch a few extra hours this weekend too.  It is crazy that I haven't felt overly hungry or anxious through these beginning ten days but then I have tried to include the starchy carbs since the beginning.  I can say my last whole 30 and the only one I've done....I didn't include hardly any - really stayed away from any potatoes and bananas too..and I got hungry a lot!

I do feel very encouraged at knowing so many other are on this same journey - as like many I'm the only one in my home participating.  But, my hubby is enjoying the food too.  In fact he asked for the chili for his lunch today:)  Can't wait to see what the next ten days bring in changes - energy - focus.  So grateful for all the really good recipes in the whole 30 book too.

55 minutes ago, English teacher Kate said:

Kate, in the early days, people started over.  Regardless, if you're adding 10 days onto the end, it's starting over.  You choose. You decide if you're starting over. But it's an additional 10 days tacked onto the end. It's all the same thing for 30 compliant days.

Kate, you get big points for bravery.  Hardly anyone rats themself out anymore. They simply keep going until day 30.  Don't ask. Don't tell.

You told on yourself and you'll make the right decision for you.

I've been rocking a minor headache for the last few days, which is normal for me when I'm on my period, but it sounds like it might be amplified by being at this point in the W30 timeline. Added a banana and a dozen olives to the side of my breakfast scramble and I hope that helps. 

This morning I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and DAMN I LOOK GOOD TODAY!!! It's exciting to see my body changing and it helps me not care about the headache. 

Archived