FEBRUARY 1, 2017 Start Date? JOIN THIS THREAD!!

samnkelli

On 1/31/2017 at 1:29 PM, AnnC said:

Hi 4Donna,

As a newbie, I'm curious about how Total 30 made you feel? Can you share with me what changed for you? 

Congratulations on doing this again! 

Ann..I was amazed by eating the protein..veggies and fats all my carvings for carbs and sweets left. I slep better and had much more energy.  Can't wait to get back there.

I have food sensitivity and allergies so plan on doing more than one whole 30 and will carefully reintroduce foods.

Today has been a GREAT first day.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Sherider said:

Hi all! I am starting Feb 1 as well... I just finished R2 and would like to join you for R3... Love how I feel after doing R2 (R1 was in July 2016) and am continuing on. I actually plan on going into March...

Yes will definitely do r2

Allright, off to a good start!

Rolled out of bed and made coffee (Starbucks Via) blended with coconut oil, a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg for a cup of frothy deliciousness.

Sweet potatoes and salmon for breakfast

MORE sweet potatoes (roasted with olive oil and garlic) and a pork chop for lunch.

Keeping things simple with a vegetable + protein formula!

What's for dinner??? Spinach salad with tomatoes, eggs, peppers and a balsamic vinaigrette.

Image result for whole30 plate

First time doing Whole 30! I'm doing it this month because I recently had surgery and I can't exercise until the end of February. So to keep from sitting around eating junk food bc I can't exercise, I figured I should start a diet to keep myself healthy and hopefully heal quickly.  

Also, my friend just did Whole 30 last month and had some amazing results that really impressed me!  

I'm stuffed at the moment.  Lunch was an experiment.  It was sauted cauliflower rice, onion, chicken apple sausage,and a little salt and cumin. It was ok. My daughter suggested adding egg to make it more like fried rice, so I'll try that next time.  I need a good recipe book that knows how to blend flavors. 

I followed Day 1 of the 7 Day Meal Plan in the guidebook.  It was work but tasty. And I am so FULL that Even the thought of a snack is unappealing. I guess that's good?:rolleyes: The recipes in the book say they are 2servings, but seemed large, so I'm not sure if I was eating too much.  Regardless, it was a successful Whole 30 Day One (and I will figure out the portion size with tweaking& time)!

Day One: COMPLETE!  Although I am starting to fully realize how addicted and psychologically attached to food... it was only day one and already I can feel my old cravings trying to take over.  This isn't just going to be a battle with my body, but also a battle with my mind BIG time!  But I have my first two weeks of meal planning done and my husband is making sure nothing that is not whole30 compliant is in our house!   

Hello to all this is my 2nd Whole30 and looking forward to it.  Have not been eating well lately and the Whole30 really helps me reset my thought process along with just feeling better.  Just finishing up day one with some soup.  Had Chilli with lots of veges for breakfast, splurged with a steak and veges for lunch and doing soup for dinner.  Been eating alot of sugar recently so I am expecting not to have alot of fun with the withdraws from all the junk food.  I know the other side of withdraws is great so willing to commit to the 30 days and probably beyond.  

Hi everyone!

I am new to the Whole30 world and started January 31, 2017 (I will say February 1st to stick with the group). So far, so good. I have had headaches and chronic pain issues for the past 4 years and my doctor suggested trying the Whole30 program. I do not know the source of my pain and hopefully this will help!

Meal prep is saving me! Just had turkey meat balls for breakfast.  No withdrawals yet that I know of. Hard to tell though because I have a headache everyday anyway.

15 hours ago, RunWild said:

Keeping things simple with a vegetable + protein formula!

I am sticking to that motto... Keep it Simple.

I am way over thinking this and making it way harder than it needs to be. I see all these fancy recipes on Pinterest and they look so good. I need to focus on foods I know are healthy and that I already like and stick to it! Simple and easy. With an 8mo old and working a full time job, I don't need to add the stress of making a gourmet meal each and every night.

I tried making "Mexican Cole Slaw" last night... Horrible fail. This week is for sure a learning curve lol.

I started on Feb. 1. So far, so good. I'm the only one in my house doing it, but I have the support from my family. My friend has started Whole30 with me, but thinks it is "okay to treat herself with a small piece of dark chocolate at the end of a good day." I'm not going to let her cheats drag me down.

I'm a little late to the group but I started my Whole30 on Tuesday 1/31 (weird date, I know, but I was traveling). This is my second round and I'm actually super excited. Today is Day 3 and so far (1/3 of the way through the day), so good! I'm working on tracking more NSV (non-scale victories) this time and am happy to help if anyone has questions! My first round was July 2016 and I truly felt amazing after I was done.

Hello all you strong determined Whole30ers out there!

Self Care Valentines/Coupons:

Day one went smoothly but I've heard so many warnings of tough times ahead that I wanted to think of something to help future me get through the rough patches. Yesterday I made myself about a dozen Valentines/coupons that I folded up and put in a jar. They say things like "How are you? If you're feeling down put on some Beyonce and DANCE!", "Hello love, take a foot bath with some epsom salts and lavender oil", "I love you, go paint your toe nails", "Make a massage appointment, you deserve it!", "Are you feeling blue? Call mom she loves you!", "Take a walk to the barn, you always feel good after a walk", "Go to the movie theater but don't forget to pack a snack!". Hopefully I will be able to reward myself by pulling one of these out of the jar instead of turning to food or wine for a pick me up. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else wanted to make some self care coupons too!

20170201_104627.jpg

20170201_104539.jpg

I have had an interesting experience. I am on day 4. 

Day 2 I woke up a little hungover and really tired but woke up feeling great on day 3. 

Not so bad right? Until I woke up this morning on the dreadful day 4. I feel like my head is going to split and am neaseous. Definitely feels like im getting the flu. It is real. Wondering if anyone else had a good day 3 and a horrid day 4. 

24 minutes ago, Lisaladze said:

I have had an interesting experience. I am on day 4. 

Day 2 I woke up a little hungover and really tired but woke up feeling great on day 3. 

Not so bad right? Until I woke up this morning on the dreadful day 4. I feel like my head is going to split and am neaseous. Definitely feels like im getting the flu. It is real. Wondering if anyone else had a good day 3 and a horrid day 4. 

I feel your pain Lisaladze -- last couple of days have been rough for me too. Headache is brutal. It will pass, hang in there. 

Cold and icy here in Colorado for GroundHog Day -- and then Punxsatawney Phil says 6 more weeks of winter. Ugh.  So, Im enjoying a nice cup of hot tea, paleo oatmeal and starting my day.  

Love the self-care idea.  So important!!

Too bad your friend isnt sticking with the program, Anna but glad you are standing firm. 

I know I go into this 30 days by making a promise to myself to finish -with no slips, no cheats.   In the wise words of Yoda: "Do or do not, there is no Try". 

I found this re: promises and it is so true: Consider your promises revered agreements, and taking your word seriously, gives you incredible focus and clarity. How sweet the results can be — both outwardly and inwardly.  There is nothing worse than breaking a promise!

Cheers everyone!

Happy Day TWO!  So far I am feeling really good.  Totally amazed at how satisfied I am staying and NO sweet cravings yet!  THAT is a victory.  I work in an office where homemade treats are almost daily...but....I can just avoid that breakroom!  I am so determined and seeing everyone here at the say pace is encouraging.

I love seeing what everyone is eating...I think it sparks ideas!  I'm not a big egg consumer so I rely a little more on pork for my breakfast.  Today I had ground pork patties shaped the size of sausage patties and then I added my seasoning.  LOVE sage with the Salt & pepper.  I also added a small serving of roasted butternut squash with a little cinnamon and coconut milk...some carrots and a clementine.  I really wasn't hungry when I started my lunch and it had been five hours...THAT is a victory!

I don't want to get into a rut of the same grilled chk and green beans so really want to focus on planning and prepping - especially on the weekends.  Excited to see what the month of February will do for all of us.  Virtual Girl..sweet potato toast?  Is that thinly sliced sweet potato in a toaster?  Haven't tried that one.

Run Wild - your coffee sounds wonderful.  I do add some canned coconut milk to my coffee and LOVE it.  Kelsey - loved your NOTES idea.  OK lunch almost over....

let's finish this one on a good note!

1 hour ago, samnkelli said:

Mods, are 2 eggs, a mashed banana with coconut milk and cinnamon not allowed because it is combined? 

It's definitely a recreation of what most people would class as a traditional breakfast food, so no, no beuno....

If you want to have the eggs with some veg, the coocnut milk & cinnamon in your coffee, and the banana on the side work away.... some might even be okay with the banana, coconut milk & cinnamon along side some egg & veg, but no combining to make fauxmeal.

First whole30! My name is Melissa I am 30 years old. Trying to get rid of high blood pressure if possible and high cholesterol also...if weight comes off ill be happy also but not my main goal. I'm on day 2. First day was so tired after work. Second day today my workout was sluggish but not as tired as yesterday. Meals going well I think....I was on ww/mfp so this is different not calorie counting. I am loosely following 7 day meal plan from book. Lets get it! :)

On 2/1/2017 at 9:27 AM, samnkelli said:

Mom2210s, I found this when I searched the W30 forums (click on Approved protein powder to read the whole thread)

http://paleoproproducts.com/paleo-protein-powder/  (plain naked flavor only, all others contain stevia)

Moderator at the time said it was ok.  

Also found a post that said there are compliant protein bars made of crickets....yeah, crickets. I've heard they are actually good so you might want to look into that. 

Thanks! I ordered it this morning from Amazon Prime. Hope it tastes good. 

I think the Day 4 slump has hit me! :) And I realized the pitfalls of not planning ahead - I didn't think my pot roast that I made Monday would last me through tonight's meal so I swung by the grocery store with a quickly pinned recipe in hand - and couldn't find the compliant beef stock that I needed. :( Almost had a meltdown in Ingles lol. But I stayed the course and am now just fighting exhaustion. Since I teach, I don't get the time for little power naps, which I know I could definitely use! Hoping that the fatigue ends soon and I am able to perk up and pick up my energy. I'm missing my coke caffeine for a pick-me-up lol. I am so enjoying having all of the people on this forum on the journey too!! Makes it easier to know I'm not alone!

This is my first time doing Whole 30.  I made chicken that was in compliance and had dinner at 5:00 - 5:30 pm.  I got hungry again at 8:30 pm after I got home from an event, so I ate more chicken.  I am wondering about quantity.  Since I am eating the right kind of food, does it matter?  I don't want to screw myself.

Archived