MyWar's Whole 30

MyWar

Starting my 3rd Whole 30 tomorrow, 10/22. I have a wedding this afternoon, so that's not really conducive to a successful first day.

To broadly set my goals, I'm hoping to improve my sleep, reduce my stress, and improve my digestion. I know I will lose weight, and it happens quickly and easily on a "mostly" primal/paleo diet. However, I still drink too much (red wine of course, for it's heart healthy benefits :rolleyes: ), don't sleep enough, don't manage my stress, and generally let my anxiety run rampant.

So, some SMART goals for my 30 days:

• 30 days of completely clean eating
  • No booze
  • No coffee
  • Hit up Crossfit 3 days a week
  • Days I'm not CFing, walk to the canal and back (about 1.5 miles)
  • Read for a half hour each night
  • 8 hours of sleep each night

After the wedding, I'm going grocery shopping. Really excited!

Edit: I weighed myself and came in at "exactly" 167 at 5'10

Day 1 (10/22)

Sleep: 8 hours

Mood: Not great, very irritable

Food:

B - 3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil, 1 sweet potato, crystal hot sauce, green tea

L - salad with baby lettuces, grilled chicken, roasted cauliflower, carrots, oil & vinegar, herbal tea

S - almonds & cashews

D - shredded chicken breast, steamed cauliflower mashed with compliant bacon and sauteed bell pepper, half a bottle of kombucha

Workout:

Bear complex, 10 minutes on the minute @ 65#

4 rounds for reps:

-1 min burpees

-1 min doubleunders

-1 min row for calories

-1 min rest

45, 31, 34, 35

I normally don't snack, and I think I just didn't eat enough for lunch. Lots of cravings all around, and working in an office is not too helpful for overcoming them. But I do feel good and determined this time around. Onward to day 2!

Day 2 (10/23)

Mood: Sleepy rage

Food:

B - 3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil, 1 small sweet potato, crystal hot sauce, green tea

S - Apple

L - Salad with baby lettuces, chicken, roast beets, marinated mushrooms, oil & vinegar

S - 1 small grapefruit

D - Salad with carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, shredded chicken, oil & vinegar

S - handful of almonds

Workout:

-1 lap around the perimeter of the farm, about 1 mile

I was STARVING all day, which makes no sense as I normally eat paleo anyway. Maybe it has to do with the previous two weeks binge of brownies and Chinese food. Either way, I need to eat more I guess.

Day 3 (10/24)

Mood: Alright, still annoyed by everything and very anxious all the time

Food:

B - 3 eggs scrambled with coconut oil, 1 small sweet potato, crystal hot sauce, half an apple green tea

L - shwarma on salad with tahini, mint tea

S - decaf coffee (I'm not sorry, it was decaf) and a banana

D - chicken thigh eaten over the sink when I got home from the gym, salad with baby lettuce, radishes, carrots, cucumber, oil & vin, shot of Bragg's apple cider vinegar, two spoonfuls of coconut oil

S - handful of almonds

Workout:

5 minute AMRAP x 4 rounds:

-400 meter run

-unbroken pullups (blue band, otherwise I can only do two)

-power snatch (45#)

-5 minutes rest

I don't remember my rounds but this was a hard one! Though from my Whole 30 Day 3 email, I know this is somewhat normal to be a little less skilled in the gym.

Still really hungry, so I tried to eat a little more than I normally do. I peed about 40 times today so I can tell the carb bloat is starting to go away. It's hard to resist weighing myself every day even though that's something I don't normally do. Not drinking is also really hard, it takes a lot of determination to resist.

Archived