Commitment Date: 1/22/17; any PCOSers?

hollyo75

Hi, Every One!

To give my body a break after the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas junk food extravaganza, on Jan. 9th, I gave up a few categories of sugary foods. In posting about it on social media, a lot of my friends who are/have/will do Whole30 spoke up. And, now that I've survived a whole week without adding sugar, candy, cake, brownies, muffins, donuts, gum, mints, mac 'n cheese, and pizza (those last two are my favorites and I just eat way too much of them), and now I'm ready to go all in on Whole 30, starting Sunday, Jan. 22.

Over this last week, I've found two times that it's especially difficult to avoid sweets: immediately after a meal late at night when my day is finally over and I'm able to chill out. I think both of these are just really well-ingrained habits. I can skip sweets pretty easily; I'm going to struggle with losing all the yummy savory foods that I love (like mac 'n cheese, pizza, etc.).

I have PCOS and I'm interested in connecting with anyone who is a cyster and has experience with or is about to try Whole30, as we have specific dietary needs and impacts.

That said, I have a list of things to do to prep for my Whole30 start, and joining/introducing myself to this forum were numbers 1 and 2, so now I can check those boxes!

Peace,
hollyo75

I was diagnosed in 2011 and went on hormone therapy for a few months for facial hair, but that's as far as I went. I've never been told to follow a diet plan or anything specific due to my PCOS, but I have had difficulty losing weight. I should also note, pregnancy was not a goal of mine, with that in mind my Dr. said there wasn't much I needed to do to "treat" it except consider birth control to even out my periods if I so wished, which I decided not to do.

I'm on day 16 with my first Whole30 and it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I don't have cravings as much as I expected and my cycle this month was not as brutal as it can be. I didn't weigh myself at the beginning (I don't own a scale) but my body composition, especially around my waist has changed already. Not sure exactly what kind of info you're looking for in regards to PCOS and Whole30, I'd say for myself that having PCOS has not affected the results I've seen so far. But maybe that's because I know PCOS affects my ability to lose weight and it's just something I've accepted so my expectations are in line with that known difficulty.

Archived