meal 1- extremely difficult

slemo58

Not if you want to really see the benefits of Whole30. Eating within one hour helps balance your hormones and regulate your hunger. 

Almost everyone struggles with this issue. It's part of the challenge!

Eat around your plate (all three food groups, protein, fat and veggies) and eat as much as you can. Later, if you can eat some more, do so but keep moving toward eating a template breakfast within one hour of waking. 

How far out?  Hour and half?  Probably OK (individuals are....individual, after all).  3 hours?  Probably more of a sign that your hormones are out of whack.  How are your other meals?  Are you hungry for them?  

And how is your sleep?  I find if I am sleep-deprived that I have a real hard time eating in the morning.

I get up around 4:45 in the morning and I don't eat breakfast until around 7:30.  There's just no way I can eat within a hour of getting up. I'm leaving my house at 5:45am.  I think just do the best you can.  I haven't had any problems and still seeing some good results.  Good luck to you!

I have the same problem. I get up at 5:30 and I can eat my breakfast at 8. The thing is that I am hungry and before the Whole30 I get a fruit, carrot, almonds and eat them in the car to hold me until I have my breakfast. Is this wrong?

2 hours ago, geomat said:

I have the same problem. I get up at 5:30 and I can eat my breakfast at 8. The thing is that I am hungry and before the Whole30 I get a fruit, carrot, almonds and eat them in the car to hold me until I have my breakfast. Is this wrong?

You will get better results if you eat within an hour of waking.  It's not that hard or time consuming.  I have hash ingredients precooked (this week turnips) and I just heat it up and crack 3 eggs on top.  I precook compliant bacon and keep it in the freezer and heat up 2 strips.  Takes all of 5 minutes.  If you can't get it all down, eat what you can and pack up the leftovers and eat them as soon as you are able.  If this is hard for you, do the best you can and it WILL get easier.  I never used to eat breakfast-  now I wouldn't dream of skipping it.  A good M1 sets me up to do well the rest of the day.

• Moderators

You are still compliant if you don't eat within an hour, that is a recommendation not a rule. That being said, try to eat at least a little as soon as you can, and wrap up the rest and take it for later if necessary. We want you to eat within that hour in order to reset your hormones - which is one of the key secrets to the magic of Whole30.

Make ahead ideas so you don't have to spend time cooking in the morning: Hard boiled eggs, frittata, compliant smoked salmon, leftovers - as long as you have one or more of these in your fridge you are good to go!

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:03 PM, slc_melissa said:

How far out?  Hour and half?  Probably OK (individuals are....individual, after all).  3 hours?  Probably more of a sign that your hormones are out of whack.  How are your other meals?  Are you hungry for them?  

And how is your sleep?  I find if I am sleep-deprived that I have a real hard time eating in the morning.

I am sleeping much better. use to wake up at 3am or toss an turn lately no tossing and sometimes wake at 3 but fall right back to sleep.

I can usually get the breakfast down about  2hrs after I get up. today though was much better got 1/2 breakfast down and no nausea

Archived