3rd round, no results

Shangria

Seeking advice from a W30 veteran…I did a Whole55 last year and kept up a Whole30-ish lifestyle for the most part…I did 2 back-to-back rounds now (since I put on some pounds)... with just a 3 day break in between. While the W30 rules have kept me from gaining weight, eating crap, or binge/emotional eating, I am on Day 25 and still do not feel any difference in how my clothing fits. I am not looking for significant weight loss but I want to see some improvement in how my clothing fits or how my face looks. I got nothing :( I'm wondering if my body just knows this lifestyle already and could care less? I usually am a slow-mover with these things...

And yes, I am following the template, low on the potatoes, don't eat dried fruit, etc…- I did this the right way and I got amazing results in the past, which is why I'm questioning this round.

I'm wondering if my body just knows this lifestyle already and could[sic] care less?

Couldn't care less in terms of weight loss? With having done a 55-day stretch, and 2 rounds with only 3 days in between, have you taken time to do full reintros? It might be time to do a slow roll reintro and really take the time to learn to ride your own bike. These may sound like cliches (especially when I link them both on the same sentence :P) but it's really the most important part of the Whole30: what you're going to do for the rest of your life

But the thing about weight is, even if you have used the tools of Whole30 to tailor your diet perfectly, the math on what you eat + how much you eat + what you weigh doesn't always equal what you want. The subject of a person's weight isn't under the official purview of the program ("Toss That Scale", after all), but if you truly have all the signals of your body calibrated (hunger vs. thirst vs. boredom vs. habit, etc.), you've removed all the sneaky irritants from your diet, you've dialed in your cooking & eating habits, then yeah, maybe you do need to eat less if you want to weigh less.

Notice I said "maybe".  There are also lots of other factors like sleep, stress, activity level, and so on.

4 hours ago, kirkor said:

There are also lots of other factors like sleep, stress, activity level, and so on.

What @kirkorsaid, and especially this.

Assuming your nutrition really IS as dialled in as it could be, how is your sleep? What are you doing to combat stress? Are you vitamin D defiicient? What are doing in terms of daily movement?

But, honestly, sleep is right up there...

Archived