Networking

rbesser

My boss has invited our team to go to lunch tomorrow with a prominent professor in our field. It would be a great networking event and I should go. However, the lunch spot they picked is a Thai and Japanese place and not very Whole30 friendly. I don't mind asking a few questions about how the food is prepared but I think its inappropriate to be "that person" at a business lunch. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm also attaching the website for the restaurant. 

http://www.moonthai.com/menu.html

Thanks!

@rbesser don't be afraid to ask or substitute things on the menu.  I've gone to lots of places and asked how they cook certain things or can I get this instead of that?  Ask what they cook with as far as oils or sauces.  I wouldn't be afraid to ask, there maybe someone else that is looking for information on how they cook or prepare things. Good Luck!  BTW the Mango Salad looks really good just ask what they put on it you can always have just olive oil and vinegar on it ;)

• Moderators

You could call the restaurant ahead of time and ask questions, so that you know exactly what to say when you get there, rather than asking once you're all there ordering.  Pick a couple of things that look like they might be close to Whole30 as a place to start.

You could also eat before you go and order just a salad or something if you don't think you'll be able to order a full meal that's compliant.

Archived