Sudden Meat Aversion

hjhumphr

I'm having a pretty big problem with getting my protein in. I'm on Day 18, and for about three days now I've had a really strong aversion to both poultry and red meat, and even eggs. So much so that I was gagging when my boyfriend was cooking the last few nights. I've never had this problem before, and did the first two weeks of W30 with no issues with the meat. I think my body is just not used to eating all of this meat. I've been eating good portion sizes as recommended, and filling my plate with 1-2 palm size amount of protein and the rest with veggies. Everything by the book, and no weird quasi-cheats like larabars or spoon-fulls almond butter. I should also note that I'm allergic to tree nuts, so that's an issue as well. What should I do? I literally can't get meat down but want to finish this as strict as possible.

Okay, just wanted to check. When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras, right? Lol.

The mods will probably be along to ask you to list out a couple of days worth of food (and specifically the amount of each food you're eating related to the template - i.e., how big a piece of meat related to your hand, how many cups of veggies, how many thumbs of fat), your average daily water intake in ounces, number of hours of sleep you're getting, and so on. Putting that out there will probably help you get an answer or some suggestions faster! Good luck!

My breakfasts are almost always about 2-3 cups of kale (measured raw) sauteed in some olive oil or coconut oil. I either eat leftover proteins (steak or chicken) with it - about 1-2 palm sized amount. 

My lunches are usually baked chicken with some sort of roasted veggies- brussels sprouts or sweet potatoes or russet potatoes drizzled with olive oil. Or more sauteed kale. Some sort of homemade sauce with mayo or some tessamae ranch. 

Dinner is usually red meat (a roast or steak in 2 palm size amounts) with veggies filling up the rest of the plate. 

Very few snacks. Maybe the occasional apple or handful of dried fruit.

I get 8 or so hours of sleep a night. 

• Moderators

Maybe try some new ways of eating your protein?

Try a few new recipes - it might be easier getting down stir fry with ground meat mixed in instead of separate and/or in big pieces - it may help not to be sawing at a big hunk of protein.

Hard boiled eggs with homemade/compliant mayo

Canned tuna or salmon in your protein salad, with LOTS of mix-ins like apple, celery, onion and homemade/compliant mayo and wrap in butter lettuce leaves

Raw veggies wrapped in lox

You can do this!

Archived